UX Designer – Mobile Platform Solutions
Mountain View, CA
Samsung Research America
Posted 1 month ago
Title: UX Designer – Mobile Platform Solutions
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: Product Management
Location: Mountain View, CA
Are you passionate about transforming bleeding-edge technologies into services that will impact millions in our daily lives? At Mobile Platform Solutions (MPS), we are looking for passionate UX designer to share their creative vision and to build applications and services for Samsung's array of devices spanning mobile phones, speakers, wearables, etc. In this position, you will join a collaborative team of world-class researchers, designers and engineers in the field of AI/ML, Fintech, blockchain, IAM & IOT technologies, with emphasis on computer vision, AR/VR/XR, Enterprise AI, mobile security and privacy.
Come join the Samsung MPS team and be a leader in bringing futuristic services to life!
You'll be working collaboratively with a cross-disciplinary team and senior UX and product mentors to help users achieve their goals and fuse business insights with users' needs to craft great user experience. Day to day tasks will include working on cutting edge and innovative Knox solutions from concept to launch. The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate Design Thinking while developing detail level work flows, wireframes and visual design using an established design system.
- Support the full design process from concept development to wireframes to high-fidelity specs working closely with a team of talented designers.
- Create visual design and documentation that provide detailed instructions for developers regarding interactions, visual details and other aspects of a product's user interface.
- Apply the best design aesthetics under tight deadlines, while effectively balancing between business needs and user benefit.
- Produce design visualizations to help stakeholders understand what the best experience should be: storyboards, flows, wireframes, prototypes, and vision pieces including web and AR experiences.
- Articulate design thinking with strong rationale, based on market trends and usage data.
- Work with UX researchers to design and observe user studies and translate research findings into insights and design improvements.
- 3+ years of demonstrable experience in designing mobile experiences in an agile, startup-like product development environment.
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates design process and polished product design solution that meet the needs of the users and business goals.
- Fluency with common design software (Sketch, Figma, Invision, Adobe suite) for the creation of visual design artifacts and presentations.
- Agility in creating digital sketches/prototypes from lo-fi to hi-fi, to help design thinking process as well as communicate concepts to team members.
- Diverse project experience in concept ideation, UI concepting/wireframing, design strategy, and working across multiple form factors.
- Eloquent verbal/written communication and storytelling skills, with the ability to successfully articulate design concepts to your team and stakeholders.
- Ability to think strategically and translate brand, service and product requirements into holistic systems that effectively communicate.
- Ability to expand design thinking to AR/VR/XR space is a plus
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Design, HCI, or equivalent. or similar or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.