Austin, Texas, United States, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Who We Are:
Gecko Robotics (Gecko) is focused on protecting and maintaining civilizations' most critical infrastructure, with machines and platforms.
Traditional manual maintenance is dangerous, slow and reactive. Gecko’s solutions improve safety and speed (10x) while gathering more data (1000x) to predict infrastructure failures before they happen.
Gecko services customers across the USA and internationally primarily in the Oil & Gas, Power Generation and Pulp & Paper markets.
Job At A Glance
Gecko is launching new software solutions to service our operators and customers. By mining infrastructure data using our first of its kind Robotics-as-a-Service (RaaS), you will get to work on the software tools that enable finding critical insights - leveraging our signal processing algorithms and Nondestructive Testing (NDT) experts. You will have the opportunity to be a founding member of a new team, designing experiences from scratch, that will digitally transform the industries that power our society today. This is an opportunity to make a huge impact, solve hard problems, and grow at an amazing company.
What You Will Do
- Deliver on the end-to-end design process; translating quantitative and qualitative insights into high quality experiences that drive real results.
- Influence and shape the product and feature design direction by partnering closely with senior designers, PMs, Engineering, and UX Research.
- Work closely with the product team to establish research questions, interpret data, and qualitative feedback.
- Use critical thinking skills to develop solutions to challenging technical problems.
- Collaborate with engineers to get the fit and finish the team’s design right.
- Influence product direction through effective storytelling that conveys a compelling UX vision to secure buy-in from cross-product stakeholders.
- Utilize Gecko Robotics design system while evolving the framework to tackle new use cases.
What Gecko Is Looking For
- 3 to 5 years of UX, UI, or Product Design experience. (at least 2 years in a Startup/Design Agency).
- A portfolio of work that showcases the thought process along with finished design work.
- Expert proficiency designing in Figma and prototyping tools.
- Experience in best practices for information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Experience designing for a large-scale data management application.
- Experience working in product-based design teams.
- Experience and passion in managing a design system is a big plus.
- Organized and articulated approach to design problem solving.
- Open-minded and accountable individual, who respects collaboration and empathy with the team.
- Enthusiasm and history working in an iterative design process, motivated by group critique.
- Able to function independently and in a team environment with solid collaboration skills.
- Ability to see the big picture as well as careful attention to detail.
A plus if you:
- Have experience with animation/video tools for the web SVG animation skills
- Have creative writing skills and experience
- Have working knowledge of frontend frameworks (i.e; React)
- Have previous experience at Data Platform / Robotics Startups
- Have a Nielsen Norman Group (NN/G), Human Factor International (HFI) or any HCI related academic background
- Have design mentorship experience