UX Design Internship
Our success depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce. By ensuring that every Demandbase employee is able to bring a diversity of talents to work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Demandbase!
The world’s largest and fastest-growing companies such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign and Salesforce rely on Demandbase to drive their Account-Based Marketing strategy and maximize their B2B marketing performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, and today we lead the category as an indispensable part of the B2B MarTech stack. Our achievements and innovation would not be possible without the driven and collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture and the community around us, and have continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area.
About the Internship:
You’ll have the opportunity to understand user needs, motivations, and behaviors. Solicit feedback from internal and external users, through testing and customer behavior analytics, that aids in the design and improvement of products. Analyze feedback and work with Software Engineers, Product Managers, and members of the Product Design team to apply it to innovative, usable, great-looking products that people want to use. The start date for this internship is asap - ideally, May.
Real-world problems that you’ll be working on:
- Collaborate with Research, Design, and Product Management to ideate and deliver on real-world items that you will see be released to production.
- Help QA upcoming releases for heuristic integrity and AC adherence.
- Learn to articulate and defend your point of view with the larger team and participate in dialogue about design deliverables
- Learn about Agile processes and new design tools
- Work with Data Scientists on visualizing large data sets
Opportunity to Sharpen Your Design Toolkit:
- Participate in continuous improvement through peer shareouts where you will receive and give feedback on roadmap items in need of interaction solutions
- Meet with and understand client pain points through customer calls and understanding analytics
- Engage engineering to determine the feasibility of your solutions
- Contribute to the team's visual, and interaction design patterns and help take us to the next level
Skills You’ll be Honing:
- Provide UX or visual designs to be implemented via a development team or by using a templated page builder
- Interpret requirements to create digital experiences that connect people to Red Hat in meaningful, compelling ways
- Work collaboratively with designers, developers, and content strategists
- Facilitate ideation through brainstorming exercises and sketching to determine the direction for designs; guide concepts forward with rapid prototyping
- Express site design concepts with wireframes, site maps, and user flow diagrams
- Use and contribute to an enterprise design system as needed
Eligibility for this Internship:
- Ability to start internship in May, 2021.
- In pursuit of B.S. or M.S. in human-computer interaction, psychology or a related field preferred
- Currently pursuing a degree; if you have graduated, be no more than 6 months past your graduation date
- School coursework or professional experience designing websites or digital media
- Background of using web technology including HTML and CSS
- Detail-oriented; able to define ideas down to a production specification level
- Learning mindset, desire to master new technologies and tools
- Current course of study in a relevant field like HCI, industrial design, graphic design, software engineering, journalism, marketing, communications
- Ability to work full time starting asap is ideal
Demandbase is the leader in Account-Based Marketing (ABM) and an indispensable part of the B2B tech stack. The company offers the only end-to-end ABM platform that helps B2B marketers identify, win and grow the accounts that matter most. The biggest and fastest growing companies in the world, such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Salesforce and others rely on Demandbase to drive their ABM strategy and maximize their marketing performance. The company has been named to the JMP Securities list “The Hot 100: The Best Privately Held Software Companies,” the Deloitte Fast 500 and named a Gartner Cool Vendor for Tech Go-To Market. In 2019, Demandbase executives authored the definitive book on ABM, Account-Based Marketing: How to Target and Engage the Companies That Will Grow Your Revenue. For more information, please visit www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter @Demandbase.