Product Design Lead, New Brands (m/f/x)
We are searching for a Berlin-based Design Lead to demonstrate craft excellence and to manage our growing team of Product Design in our New Brands tribe. You'll have ownership over individual design projects, establish processes that aid in the success of your team and mentor and grow those you serve. We have big plans for growth here and need a Design Lead who can bring fresh ideas, fresh energy, and a collaborative leadership style.
What you'll do
- Inspire a team of up to 4 designers to excel at their craft, nurture growth within your team, and mentor more junior designers on their careers.
- Understand the customer journey of our New Brands (Chefs Plate, EveryPlate, Factor, GreenChef) and influence stakeholders on changes needed to benefit our customers and the business.
- Make decisions and defend with stakeholders when we should follow from the HelloFresh UX and where we should diverge for our New Brands
- Partner with POs, engineers, researchers and UX writers / content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product spanning multiple brands and services from conception until launch (and after).
- Design flows and experiences (UX/UI) that are incredibly simple and elegant.
- Partner with your fellow Design Leads to share best practices, optimise processes, smooth communication and amplify your team’s output.
What you'll bring
- Significant product design experience.
- Additional experience as a team lead or in direct people management required.
- Skills and expertise in executing, critiquing, and mentoring in visual design, interaction design, UX writing, UI design and animation.
- Recent experience with e-commerce. Working within subscriptions is a big plus.
- Mastery of Figma, knowledge of Sketch, and fluency with other digital design and prototyping tools.
- Excellent English communication skills.
HelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub, Berlin, we’ve become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 14 countries across 3 continents.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on a wide variety of challenging problems. The result is a high output where we constantly build and release features and engines that make our business thrive, allowing us to deliver real financial impact.
Our more than 7,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart and soul of our diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this and get back to you within 5 business days.
For insight into our interview process take a look at our recent post here.
We are HelloFresh
At HelloFresh we embrace and welcome diversity and we currently employ over 7,000 individuals globally who contribute to this. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer – everyone is welcome at our table.