Product Designer - Member Experience
Remote - U.S.
At Ginger, we believe that everyone deserves access to incredible mental healthcare. Our on-demand system brings together behavioral health coaches, therapists, and psychiatrists, who work as a team to deliver personalized care, right through your smartphone. The Ginger app provides members with access to the support they need within seconds, 24/7, 365 days a year. Millions of people have access to Ginger through leading employers, health plans, and our network of partners.
We are learning and evolving quickly to provide the best support possible to our members. Our fast-paced environment requires you to be adaptable, flexible, and friendly to a growth mindset. Our culture is extremely supportive, passionate, committed, and inclusive. We’re willing to go above and beyond to reach our goals, to step in and help each other out across all teams, and to give and receive feedback graciously.
Ginger has been recognized by The World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and by Fast Company as one of the Most Innovative Companies in Healthcare.
About the Role
Ginger’s User Experience team is looking for a behavioral change Product Designer, to help shape the next version of our member-facing, mobile/responsive web app. Your focus will be on the creation of experiences that drive positive behavior change for members, improving their mental health faster and giving them the skills they need to support themselves long-term.
We will be tackling many interesting experience problems within the next year that require thinking strategically and executing with precision. We’ll be expanding our service to reach new populations, increasing access via the web, and introducing new resources to complement the one-on-one care members receive from coaches and/or therapists. In addition to member-facing work, you’ll gain a 360-degree view into our collaborative care system by collaborating with designers and users of the tools that provide Ginger members with care.
As a member of the UX team, you’ll work on a close-knit team of product managers, engineers, data scientists, marketers, and users involved in the end-to-end design process from research and ideation to implementation and iteration. You’ll also be part of a growing UX team focused on continuous learning and sharing of best practices.
- Create and deliver design solutions that meet company goals and result in positive member outcomes
- Interact directly with members and key stakeholders; building relationships to understand how to support core needs/workflows and translate them into actionable solutions
- Plan, lead, and execute user research, both exploratory and evaluative
- Leverage data science and sensor data to personalize care
- Creatively solve challenging problems through prototyping and testing of concepts/designs with users
- Craft user workflow diagrams, prototypes, wireframes and high fidelity designs
- Collaborate with product and brand designers across the company to define UX principles and UI patterns
- Contribute to the creation and evolution of our design system, ensuring visual cohesion and engineering efficiency
- Foster team growth and learning by contributing to collective knowledge sharing and building out design processes
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing in-depth knowledge of user experience, IA, interaction, and visual design for mobile and/or responsive applications
- Ability to present your ideas clearly, receive feedback with open-mindedness, and get buy-in on ideas
- Experience in user research tools and methodologies and the ability to translate insights into action
- Experience designing and shipping successful, elegant whole app feature-level experiences
- A high degree of creativity, empathy, and teamwork abilities
- 5+ years of professional work experience in an individual contributor role on a Product Design team
- B.A/B.S. in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Product Design or a related field/equivalent experience
- Experience designing for behavioral change
- Experience translating machine learning insights and/or sensor data into streamlined user experiences
- Experience with A/B testing and use of data analysis frameworks
What You'll Love About Us
- Competitive compensation with stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K contribution
- 3 months paid parental leave
- Professional Development budget
Ginger embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.