Product Marketing Manager
FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for an extraordinary product and customer service experience, FreshBooks is based in Toronto, Canada, with offices in the U.S., Netherlands, and Croatia and serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Product Marketing Manager
At FreshBooks, we are passionate about helping small business owners on their journey of growth. We aim to provide tools and promote habits that help them leap over any stumbling blocks and get back to leading their business forward.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will deeply understand and empathize with our customers. You will be an expert in the financial accounting product area, shaping our product value and building go-to-market strategies to drive awareness, understanding, and growth of new and existing FreshBooks products.
What you'll do: Go-to-Market Strategy and Execution
- Lead product go-to-market and adoption strategies for FreshBooks’ financial accounting products. Your strategies may include the following:
- Customer and market insights, giving the teams a clear picture of our target customer, their buying journey, and how FreshBooks differentiates
- Clear product positioning and packaging, including features and benefits and a compelling content strategy to help land positioning
- Creative marketing and sales tactics that bring the product to market across the customer lifecycle/journey
- Internal enablement plan to make sure FreshBookers understand and are excited about what’s new
- Partner with teams across FreshBooks to execute go-to-market strategies, and understand performance against our product marketing objectives. This includes:
- Work in partnership with the user growth, lifecycle marketing and creative services teams to develop integrated marketing briefs that guide creative direction and meet go-to-market objectives
- Conceptualize and execute on multi-channel campaigns across the prospect and customer lifecycle, ensuring the alignment of communications and messaging across all channels
- Lead the execution of launch and product engagement campaigns from start to finish, leveraging internal support and driving collaboration
- Develop content to support the marketing and sales team, including sales sheets, presentations, training documents, product videos
- Understand product performance through Impact Readouts & Dashboard creation, in collaboration with Product Managers and Product Analysts
- Be a customer advocate and product storyteller. Effectively and clearly convey your message internally across FreshBooks, and externally to customers, partners, and to the industry.
What you bring:
- 4+ years of experience in Marketing, minimum 2 years experience in Product Marketing
- Consistent track record of successfully defining, planning, positioning and launching products to market
- Strategic thinking, ability to understand the “big picture” and use creative problem solving to drive impact & results
- Experience collaborating with a diverse set of stakeholders and influencing cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience communicating a company’s or product’s unique value proposition to potential customers, partners and market influencers
- Enthusiasm for fast-paced, collaborative, entrepreneurial and results-driven environment
- Bonus points if you have experience with: accounting software, small business marketing, analyzing and interpreting data & research, international marketing, managing external partners
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.