Lead Product Manager- Data Enrichment
Remote - London, United Kingdom
We are Zego - a commercial motor insurance provider that powers opportunities for businesses, from entire fleets of vehicles to self-employed drivers and riders. We combine best-in-class technology with sophisticated data sources to offer insurance products that save businesses time and money.
Since our inception, we have believed that the problem with traditional insurance is that it holds businesses back. It’s too expensive and time consuming, and it no longer suits businesses who use vehicles to earn money. Our products represent a solution to this problem for businesses based across the UK, Europe and beyond.
So far, we have raised over $200 million in funding and we were the first UK insurtech to be valued at over $1 billion. We were also the first to be awarded our own insurance license and recently won Tech Company of the Year 2020.
At Zego, we are proud to say we have a diverse and inclusive team, unified by our shared values and mission. Our people are the most important part of our story and everybody at Zego, no matter their role, has an integral part to play.
Overview of the Product team
We believe that product management is critical to Zego’s future success, so we’re building a team where product managers have the opportunity to learn, contribute and take exciting calculated risks. We’re doing this by ensuring that product strategy underpins everything that we do, and that our Product Managers are empowered to make decisions, in collaboration with the engineering team and other stakeholders.
Working in an Agile environment, our team helps to scope and build scalable complex systems, from consumer-facing products to internal tooling. As we move forward, we are looking to embed data-driven and problem-obsessed domain expertise into everything that we do, ensuring that product-based thinking is central to Zego’s decision making.
Purpose of the role
This role is responsible for the capture, interpretation and actioning of third-party and internal data to generate insights to better understand and predict risk, inform our pricing and control our loss ratios. The role will explore new opportunities to leverage these data sources to build better products and new value propositions for Zego’s customers. This includes AI-based claims analysis, contextualization of car trips with weather and traffic.
The role will report to the Head of Data Products. In this role, you will be leading a team of data experts and engineers responsible for acquiring and combining data to create meaningful insights and features. Furthermore, you and your team will focus on the breadth and quality of these features and their ability to add value to the other teams, namely Pricing & Risk, Claims.
What you will be working on
- You will be responsible for defining and delivering Zego’s data enrichment strategy - encompassing existing relationships and establishing new relationships
- You will make data and data products a core attribute of our customer relationship for all our motor customer types (currently B2C and Fleet)
- You will be leading with a strong data enrichment squad - compromised of software engineers and data scientists focused on integrating valuable direct data sources or on contextualising our behaviour data sources (e.g. telematics data) collection via SDKs from mobile devices and 3rd party telematics data sources (e.g. OEMs)
- You will help ensure adherence to our customer value proposition, providing customers with a clear reason to enable access to the data we required
- You will actively monitor data quality and completeness, working with the Product teams responsible for our customer types to incentive data access and quality
- You will manage the budget for the data enrichment space, constantly searching for the additional data attributes and partnerships that will allow us to further our understanding of risk and offer the fairest pricing to our customers
What you will need to be successful
- You have Product Management experience in innovative commercial product teams
- You will be a data product expert having run a product set powered by third party data and preferably mobility data
- You have an understanding of the insurance market and the impact that quality data at volume can make on customers
- You have proven experience of working within an Agile Product team and demonstrate value through building data-driven products
- You are analytical and able to draw extensive insights from qualitative and quantitative data
- You have experience working closely with user research teams
What it's like to work @ Zego
Zego has a truly international and inclusive team, unified by great ideas and collaborative thoughtfulness. Our people are the most important part of our story and everyone plays an essential role in our journey. We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to learn and grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.