Senior Product Manager - Payments
Founded in 2017, We believe in making commerce easy by building simple and affordable products for businesses to start, run & Grow. We enable and empower more than 15 Million MSME merchants in India, with our trademark products like OkCredit, OkShop, OKStaff.
Our Products are powered by our consumers, who do 3+ million Daily transactions, helping them to conduct their complex daily businesses at ease. 80% of these transactions have been from MSMEs from Tier 3 cities catering to a business value of 14 trillion Rupees. This showcases the ease in which our app can be adopted.
We take pride in providing a spirited, fair, and transparent work environment for all. We focus on nurturing careers and celebrating talent. Being a part of our growth story your opinion is given due consideration, and no voice is too feeble to be heard out. With Young and experienced leaders and team members from different walks of life, we are a strong team who are tightly aligned and loosely coupled. We move fast, take risks, and pride ourselves on staying flexible, fun, and committed to measurable customer satisfaction with the right effort to impact ratio.
As the Senior Product Manager - Payments you would be owning payment systems here at OkCredit.
You would be responsible to help shape up Payment Product Strategy that connects the current state of the company to its vision. You would build and own Payment product roadmaps which help us achieve the product strategy. You would own the goals of the Payment product roadmaps.
You would be collaborating with internal and external stakeholders and leading a cross-functional team to ship out great product experiences. By achieving your goals and strategy, your contribution on our collective way towards the mission of empowering the smallest entrepreneurs of India has no limits.
Indian digital payment landscape is at the cusp of mass scale adoption INR 25 Tn in FY20 to INR 245 Tn in FY25. We at OkCredit are gunning for the lion’s share of the predicted growth in mobile payments and more. Digital payments is an integral value proposition of various business workflows of micro and small businesses. Being the pioneers in SMB digitisation and a leading player in the digital book-keeping space, we are uniquely positioned to digitise a large part of the transactions currently only being recorded on our apps.
Recommended quick read.
What will you do :
Helping the company leap-frog towards helping more small businesses grow by going digital
- Opening up new channels of online payment for existing use-cases or enabling new adjacent use-cases
- Opening up new market segments among the broad SMB base with daily, sticky online payment use-case
- Creating potential monetization opportunities on top of the payment volume flowing via our system
Running business as usual with scaled-up products
- Define the product charter and requirements for core Payments services (Risk Service, Rule Engine etc.)
- Lead the use-case wise adoption, and drive the payment volume for online collection from customers and payment to supplier use-cases
- Coordinate with all payment partners, lead the exploration of new payment capabilities, adoption of new technologies (PSP, Contactless payments)
- Aggregates and assess product feedback and feature requests to identify unmet product needs and opportunities
- Manage short-term focused market and customer research regarding product acceptance, usage and success and integrate results directly into the product planning activities .
- Participates in prioritization of cross-stream initiatives and leads those within their own stream(s).
- Structures and leads strategic conversations/meetings with cross-functional stakeholders. Proactively shares information and actually solicits feedback
What you bring to the role:
- 4 + years building digital payment products with exposure of compliance, risk and partnerships in cross-functional product role
- Familiar with evolving payment technologies, preferably with hands-on exposure
- Prefers a Platform product experience, building products that can be leveraged by a variety of business customers
- Understand the needs of your customers, prioritize, continuously building and iterating
- Ability to narrate a story for what problem you’re solving for and the vision you’re going after, combined with the capacity to dive into minute details
- Ability to create partnerships both inside and outside of the Product organization
- Exceptional decision making skills: given limited resources, how do you prioritize across needs?
- Thrives in a startup environment: loves dealing with fast pace, changing needs, and limited resources.
- Compliance: prior experience working with compliance including KYC, GST. Fintech experience strongly preferred
- Technical chops: experience as an engineer
- Growth mindset: effectively balances the need to protect the community with the need to grow the community
- Scale: knows how to start small but build big