Senior Product Manager, Curriculum & Certification
New York City, Remote North America
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. MongoDB University has helped millions of learners around the world build their knowledge and advance their skills on the fastest growing modern database. The MongoDB University team creates a phenomenal curriculum and courses to expand MongoDB learner knowledge. We are engineers with a passion for education and are looking for a Senior Product Manager to establish and own our course content roadmap to drive product knowledge adoption and learners’ path to their professional goals, whether that is certification, a promotion, or technical upskilling.
As a Senior Product Manager for Curriculum and Certifications, you will take a market and data-driven approach to establish the strategy and roadmap of our course portfolio and drive growth in course enrollments and certifications. You will be an advocate for learner education and collaborate cross-functionally with curriculum developers, product and program managers, learning designers, and marketing to deliver meaningful outcomes for learners.
Develop the vision and strategy for courses, learning paths and certifications and drive knowledge of MongoDB within the developer ecosystem.
- Stay abreast of market trends specific to the developer ecosystem, MongoDB products, and how developers learn, and translate these insights to help create course product briefs that enhance learners’ knowledge of our products.
- Identify knowledge gaps in our current course catalog that will inform our curriculum and certification roadmap planning.
- Drive quarterly planning sessions to define initiatives, resolve content dependencies and perform data-driven prioritization with a cross-functional team.
- Collaborate with the analytics team to build dashboards and track and evaluate the health of the course portfolio, and provide direction to the curriculum team on content gaps and improvements that will drive growth in our success measures.
- Collaborate with other developer content teams to cross-reference other content (docs, blogs, tutorials) to relevant courses to deliver a unified learning experience.
- Perform competitive analysis and partner with our curriculum designers to recommend best practices in course structure, content, and assessment for certification to ensure an excellent learning experience.
- Partner with the Program and Marketing teams to ensure successful course launches, updates, and sunset strategy.
- 5+ years of experience in curriculum engineering/design and curriculum programming
- 2+ years as a developer or software educator.
- Proven success in owning product vision and strategy, aligning teams, and prioritizing resources to deliver an online educational service to market
- Knowledge of the developer ecosystem and comfort delving into implementation details as a course developer.
- Highly collaborative, with strong communication skills and ability to convey ideas through detailed specifications.
- Preferred: direct experience with developing platform course curriculum and/or education/learning products
- Preferred: knowledge of the developer educational space
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.