Senior Product Manager, Billing
San Francisco, CA (HQ) & Remote: CA, IL, MI, NY, PA, TX, CO, WA, UT, OR
Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification) that enable companies to send postal mail as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, and we are rapidly growing our team to shape the future of our company and meet the demands of a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings.
If you are looking for a progressive, fun-spirited, and mentally stimulating environment, come join us at Lob!
We offer remote working opportunities in California, Texas, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York, Illinois, Colorado, Washington State, Utah, and Oregon. You can also work onsite at our San Francisco headquarters.
About The Role
As a Product Manager or Senior Product Manager of Billing, you will work cross functionally across teams to create seamless and transparent billing and payment experiences for our customers, help our Finance team implement the right audit trails/controls, and build a billing infrastructure to help us scale to the next level of growth. We’re looking for an individual who is passionate about helping create a data informed product roadmap at a dynamic and fast-growing startup, working closely with a world-class engineering and design team to deliver game-changing product capabilities, and interacting cross-functionally and directly with customers in order to understand product adoption and drive continuous product improvements.
As a Product Manager or Senior Product Manager of Billing, you will help shape the vision & roadmap for our products, and be intimately involved in new product initiatives. Our product team believes in finding ways to say “Yes”, shipping early and often, creating a B2C experience for our B2B product and thinking API first.
As a Product Manager or Senior Product Manager of Billing, you’ll...
- Understand customer needs around billing, payments and fraud, and formulating a long-term strategy and product roadmap.
- Think and operate strategically based on data and research to ensure that your product roadmap supports Lob’s overall company objectives.
- Articulate and validate your roadmap both internally with leaders and externally with customers and partners.
- Identify, prioritize, and deliver product improvements to increase scale, usability, speed, and margin.
- Truly partner with Lob’s engineering team to break down large milestones into small, prioritized, shippable yet delightful chucks and execute product plans in an iterative and timely manner.
- Leverage business metrics as well as interactions with customers, internal stakeholders, partners, and industry leaders to develop a perspective on how your product is being used and where to take the product next
- Help drive field enablement for new feature releases, as well as core positioning and messaging for your product
- Drive process improvements that benefit the Product team at large
For this role, we’re looking for...
- 5+ years of product management experience building at large scale customers
- 3+ years of experience in either billing, payments or financial services industry
- Domain experience in building and designing billing systems (e.g., implementing the appropriate controls, understanding compliance and security requirements)
- Strong technical background or willingness to learn more technical skills
- Proven ability to motivate, lead, and collaborate with engineering and other cross-functional teams
- Experience transforming business and product strategy into well-articulated product specs, using both quantitative and qualitative data to inform product direction and priorities
- Good written and oral communication skills, with an ability to handle both executive-level discussions and functional deep dives with engineering
- Solid problem-solving abilities, analytical horsepower, an attention to detail, and a willingness to do whatever it takes from an execution perspective
Since great PMs come from a variety of backgrounds, it doesn’t particularly matter if you have a specific degree—we want to hear about your contributions in a real-world setting.
Our team loves working at Lob because…
- Our business model is incredibly sustainable and Lob has thousands of customers ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies.
- We are a growing, dynamic and passionate team headquartered in San Francisco, with team members throughout the US. We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects.
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Open vacation policy
- Wellness program (includes monthly stipend for wellness / gym memberships)
- Commuter benefits for those based out of our San Francisco office
- Home-office setup and phone/internet stipend for those not based out of our San Francisco office
- Paid parental leave (for both Moms and Dads) and Fertility benefits
- Allowance for in-person team meetings (all flights and accommodations covered) for those not based out of our San Francisco office
- Learning and development budget to attend conferences and purchase learning materials (books, online courses, etc.)
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Forbes 30 Under 30 - Enterprise Technology 2017
#61 on Y Combinator's Top Companies List 2018
#26 2018 Fastest-Growing Private Companies, The Business Journals