Lead UX Researcher
About the Team
Wildlife is constantly growing and launching world class games due to the amazing teamwork and collaborative work we do across our varied disciplines. Our team works closely with PM's, engineers, artists, game designers, distribution specialists, data scientists, among others, to help develop games that are innovative and impact people's lives all over the globe.
About the Role
We are looking for an outstanding Sr. or Lead User Experience Researcher to own User Research, execute user studies, playtests and drive UX insights based on user feedback to build the next generation of mobile games. As the first specialist in this function, you will have the opportunity to shape your role and possibly grow the UR team in future! You will report to the UX Director and help build and execute WildLife’s UR strategy.
More about you
- You should have an advanced degree (Ma., M.Sc or Phd.) in either experimental psychology (experimental, social, cognitive), human-computer interaction, human factors, or a related field, with equivalent games industry experience.
- 4 to 7 years’ industry experience in research design and conducting user research studies across genres (Casual, Mid- Core or Hard-Core) for mobile games.
- Expertise in research design, fluent in multiple qualitative and quantitative methodologies (e.g. field studies, interviewing, contextual inquiry, statistics questionnaire development and survey research, usability studies, competitive benchmarking, etc.) and can effectively analyze and present data to influence product design and implementation.
- Experience in analysing and understanding research KPI’s and analytics and how to apply them to your findings.
- You are able to successfully recommend actions using objective data, and influence the actions taken based on that data.
- You can work on directives with little direct oversight.
What you’ll do
- Plan and conduct user research activities for Wildlife games.
- Be a self starter and able to manage multiple projects and your time well.
- Educate the company and stakeholders about the value of UX through concrete case studies and thought leadership.
- Gather and analyze data from a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods (interviews, lab studies, heuristic evaluations, surveys, telemetry, etc.)
- Work closely with game teams and studio leadership to understand franchise goals and strategies
- Develop personas and archetypes for our games based on field and desk research methods.
- Effectively communicate research results to multiple levels of the organization in creative ways that promote impact, while providing recommendations and ongoing design consultation.
- Develop user research plans and schedules.
- Create new methodologies that will pertain to each game genre’s unique gameplay and sensibility.
- Partner across organizational and regional teams with a variety of disciplines (researchers, designers, product managers, market researchers, producers, etc.) to create insights which deeply affect the trajectory of their product work.
What you'll need
- Proven analytical skills and relevant qualifications
- Past experience managing the User Research pipeline of at least 2 shipped mobile games.
- A portfolio demonstrating case studies of your published work.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.