Product Marketing Manager/ Senior Product Marketing Manager - Asia Pacific (Australia)
Are you the best product marketer in Australia? We’d love to meet you.
Wise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission — money without borders — instant, convenient, fair, and eventually free. We built a market-leading technology product that’s been used by over 10 million people to move money around the world without the rip-off fees charged by the banks
We have a market-leading money transfer product available across APAC markets. In 2019 we launched a new product - the Wise debit card in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore to help customers send money, receive money and spend money in any currency in the world — without the rip-off fees.
Now, we’re looking for a world-class Product Marketing Manager to join our us to drive adoption of Wise products to customers across Asia Pacific (APAC). You’ll start off in Australia, with a possibility to move to Singapore after the first 12 months. Candidates with more experience may be considered for the Senior Product Marketing Manager role.
It’s not just being able to deliver on insight, value proposition, messaging and go-to-market – we’re looking for someone with the magic touch that takes the delivery of our marketing from good, to blow-your-mind brilliant. We want every Wise user to feel like we built the product just for them — that we’re not only right up their street, but invited in, sitting down at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee like old friends.
On the day to day, the APAC PMM will be responsible for insight, messaging, multi-channel product comms, and working with the team to build tools and run experiments to constantly improve product adoption and the customer experience. You’ll drive cross-sell conversion, onboarding funnel optimisation, activation and usage KPIs across our consumer and business products.
You’ll own the growth strategy for mature mature markets like Australia and New Zealand and help us 10x our market penetration. And you’ll own the go-to-market strategy for new currency, product and feature launches across Asia Pacific in upcoming markets like Hong Kong. You’ll work closely with our global product marketing team based in Singapore and London to optimise global product adoption and deliver on team OKRs.
You’ll obsess over product economics, LTV and churn rate, continuously testing lifecycle marketing campaigns to increase share-of-wallet and reactivated customers. And in doing so, you’ll deliver the kind of marketing that makes your friends say, “I love the way Wise do stuff”.
You’ll have the opportunity to travel and spend time in our London office and Headquarters in Tallinn, Estonia. You should be willing to travel overseas to take part in company events.
Specifically, the APAC PMM will
- Work with the Asia and Pacific product teams to establish growth strategies to drive user acquisition and product adoption
- Know our APAC customer segments, use cases and LTVs inside out
- Own go-to-market for product and feature launches in APAC
- Run customer insight, market research and competitive analyses
- Work closely with product managers to localise product features, content and communications for the markets
- Run scalable cross-sell tests and experiments to drive user growth
- Develop value proposition and messaging frameworks for key use cases and test messaging hypotheses across consumer and business products
- Build and test multi-channel (email, push, in-app messaging) lifecycle comms and A/B test to continuously improve performance
- Develop creative assets, content and campaigns to help customers get the most value out of the product
- Work closely with the performance marketing team to understand CPA for customer segments and keep them closely looped in to product updates in your region.
- Be razor sharp on product economics, work with analysts to build launch forecasts and opportunity sizing for projects and campaigns
A bit about you
- 5+ years experience in product marketing/growth marketing role in high growth / technology company
- Proven success at launching new products or features for B2C and B2B tech products
- Proven success at driving product adoption and growing market share
- Experience running customer insights and market research programmes
- Excellent communication skills, able to craft succinct, on point messaging
- Experience running multi-channel tests, with proven results
- Strong eye for design, demonstrated by recent campaigns
- Strong analytical skills, comfortable working with datasets and making data-driven decision
- Self-starter with drive to get things done, able to build effective cross-team relationships to move projects forward
- Technical skills: HTML and CSS, SQL a plus
- Language skills: Asian language a plus
- University degree level education
- Genuine passion and interest in contributing to our mission, we’re not looking for someone just to do the job, but to help us change the way the world moves money
Note: You should be willing to work flexible hours. Your main stakeholders are based in our Singapore and London office, this means starting and ending your day later, to cater to timezone differences a few days a week.
We cannot offer visa sponsorship for this role.
Where you’ll be going
If successful, you’ll be the PMM for the Asia and Pacific product teams, working on one of the biggest growth market opportunities in the company. You’ll be a key part of figuring out how we 10x product adoption in the Asia and Pacific markets and have the chance to launch game-changing products in new markets. You’ll influence the positioning and branding of Wise in this region. Overall, we believe it’s an awesome opportunity to build an exciting career path in fintech in Asia. So if you’re an ambitious go-getter who wants to play an active and enthusiastic role in the future of Wise, we’d love to hear from you.
If you’re interested, send us your CV with a cover letter. We love a great cover letter. It’s your opportunity to show us your communication skills, your passion and your understanding of the Wise product. We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.