Senior Product Marketing Manager, Global Competitive Intelligence
Segment is looking for a Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Global Competitive Intelligence that will help drive our go to market efforts by understanding the competitive and broader market landscape. This role will lead the strategy and execution of research across our global regions. This person will be responsible for gathering, analyzing and disseminating market intelligence through various research methods and distributing market-relevant insights to internal stakeholders. You’ll use data gathered through market, customer and field research to drive winning sales plays, inform marketing campaigns, and product strategies that directly impact our ongoing growth and success.
This role will report to the Director of Product Marketing.
What you’ll do:
- Define global research strategies
- Be the subject matter expert on key competitors’ product, business, sales, and marketing strategies.
- Work with product marketing to develop compelling positioning, messaging and launch processes that differentiate our platform and products
- Prepare content such as battle cards, playbooks and presentations, and maintain assets (keeping them current and actionable). Train sales and go-to-market teams on an on-going basis.
- Support deals with differentiated competitive positioning and market intelligence
- Collaborate with product teams to influence product roadmap
- Execute competitive win/loss reviews with sales/account teams, prospects and customers to ensure clear understanding of competitive dynamics
- Measure success by tracking win rates against top competitors
- Develop a regular cadence of company-wide briefings and department specific updates (Company all hands, Product Summits, C-staff meetings, Sales Kickoff, Sales & Success Training)
You are a great fit if you have...
- 4+ years experience working in competitive intelligence or a market research role
- Focus on SaaS technology highly desired
- Relevant work experience in Product Management, Sales or Solutions Engineering, Technical Marketing, or field-facing Competitive Intelligence also valuable
- Love to read the docs
- Excellent communication skills, with the proven ability to translate complex technical concepts into actionable field guidance and differentiated positioning.
- Hands-on experience using, testing and understanding technical SaaS products
- Excellent project management skills
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $109,824.00 - $137,280.00
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $96,096.00 - $120,120.00
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks