Senior UX Researcher
Senior UX researcher, Dublin
The growing EMEA UX team needs our first and exceptionally experienced researcher.
This is an opportunity (with the support of the international research team and strong local UX leadership) to build out the practice and community in europe. If you have highly developed research skills, have experience shaping product strategies and want to work on a product that's near to your heart, then this role might be for you.
What success looks like
You inspire those around you to understand the customer and have a multiplier effect on creating enthusiasm for products and features. You design and execute research studies using appropriate research methods, always taking a holistic approach and leveraging the knowledge and expertise available (data scientist, other researchers, designers, product experts…). You translate research findings into actionable insights, which you use to inspire, inform and influence diverse audiences. You are collaborative and help build, shape and grow research insight, be that through mentoring more junior team research members or empowering other UX designers, PMs and others with their own research
A Day in the Life
- You know what users want and our product gaps. You deliver actionable insights . Your strong and informed point of view guides the product team’s strategies.
- You will be involved in multiple initiatives; sometimes strategic, sometimes tactical, depending on the project and research needs.
- You will be collaborating with researchers, data scientists, designers, product managers, and strategic planners and presenting your research to leadership.
- You will have an opportunity to practice a range of research methods as per the research plans you have defined.
- You will be supported from leadership and the research community to challenge yourself and continue your career growth
- You will mentor and support others
Your background / About you
- You are a seasoned researcher who can plan and execute the full range of methodologies (evaluative, generative, quantitative and secondary research methods) and isn’t afraid to push boundaries.
- You have a demonstrated ability to shape product roadmaps based on insights you have discovered
- You have excelled and grown within a dynamic, rapidly scaling organization.
- You understand how business connects to design, and how to align research strategies with business goals and objectives
- You are curious and open minded about finding out he motivations and desires of people
- A track record of influencing product strategies with the insights you discovered and the impact on the users
- 5+ years of industry research experience.
- Bachelors and/or Masters degree in one of these disciplines: Psychology, Human-Centered Design, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or similar.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of evaluative, generative, quantitative and secondary research methods, and advanced expertise in at least one research methodology
- A deep familiarity with the product development process
- Excellent collaborator, at ease partnering with other researchers, designers, product managers and developers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A portfolio that includes examples of leading strategic research with significant business outcomes
What differentiates us from other companies
- Dublin is HQ for EMEA, with a brand new innovative office due to open this year
- Work life balance is deeply important to us. We will work with all employees to help them find what works for them.
- Qualtrics Experience Program - €1,700 for an experience of your choosing (eligible after a year)
- On top of standard benefits package (medical employees and their families, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees