At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.UI/UX Designer
Job location: our office in Ottawa, Canada
About the team
As part of the core product team, we work closely with developers and product management to solve complex problems through innovation and user experience design. If you join us, you’ll work directly with customers and users to understand requirements and work collaboratively with other teams to design the best possible solutions. Testing and validating design decisions take place throughout the development cycle.
Our cross-functional team is often distributed throughout the organization, leading and facilitating design on various projects. Our work includes product applications, new product experiences, artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) capabilities, and supply chain solutions.
Learn more about UX @ Kinaxis here: http://kinaxis.design.
What you will do
- Work with cross-functional teams (developers, product managers, UX researchers and fellow designers) to drive design vision and strategy that meets the needs of our users and the market.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, and prototypes.
- Contribute to, enhance and leverage from our design system
- Visualize ideas and concepts and communicate them effectively and compellingly for internal stakeholders, partners and customers.
- Socialize and test your designs and iterate with the feedback you receive.
- Collaborate with peers and stakeholders to design comprehensive solutions, upholding the needs of the user, but sensitive to technical considerations and time to market.
- Plan and facilitate design thinking workshops to discover customer needs and collaboratively innovate on new solutions.
Tools we use
- Miro, for collaborative story-mapping, brainstorming, and early concept generation.
- Adobe Creative Suite (XD and Illustrator primarily), for hi-fidelity visual designs and prototypes
What we are looking for
- An education in Human Computer Interaction, User Interface Design, Industrial Design, or equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years of software design experience, with a portfolio of projects that showcase your design process and skills.
- A creative mindset and a passion for designing modern, high-quality solutions.
- Strong communication skills, team-orientation and are responsive to feedback.
- A motivation to keep learning and improving.
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.