Product Marketing Manager
Our fast-growing Technology startup sennder is in need of an outstanding Product Marketing Manager responsible for developing effective marketing strategies and plans to communicate the features and benefits of new sennder products to our customers.
sennder, with its HQ located in the heart of Berlin, is changing the way people think about logistics. We’re Europe’s no.1 road freight forwarder with the goal of disrupting and revolutionising this traditional industry. The challenges are huge as many logistics processes and procedures are very manual and inefficient.We’re solving this problem by digitalising and automating to allow for much smoother and more efficient goods transportation. You can learn more about us here.
The Carriers and Drivers team builds a portfolio of innovative and compelling products including a mobile app, a marketplace and transport management system driven by smart algorithms tailoring the consumers experiences when interacting with our products.
We believe in the products we are building and are now looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager to create demand for our products and engagement within our user bases through effective positioning, messaging and marketing programs. This role will report directly to the Head of Product of this business area and collaborate with product managers, UX/UI designers and internal stakeholders to create and drive our user engagement strategy.
Our teams build user experiences that disrupt the logistics market. We trust and support each other and encourage our colleagues to connect together with regular knowledge sharing sessions as well as being transparent and open with our company vision in regular tech all hands.
We believe in giving our autonomous teams full ownership of their missions, vision, and product opportunities. We love people that want to have an impact and drive change within the logistics industry with a hands on mentality and a can do attitude. If you are an experienced Product Marketing Manager, enjoy collaboration, and cherish a fast-paced and honest environment then maybe you’d like to trust us to be your new home
The main objective of product marketing within our context is to bring the carrier platform including the TMS, the marketplace, the driver app and value added services to market. This means to be the main driver for the go to market strategy (alongside the carrier & driver BA and services POD members) which involves understanding the product’s target audience and using strategic positioning and messaging to boost awareness (potential revenue) and demand for the product. The key focus is on driving demand for and adoption of a product among carriers (existing & potential).
Your challenge will be:
- Shaping the future of the logistics industry
- Contribute to the vision & mission by creating tailored content
- Know your customers
- Always have a prioritized and well defined editorial plan at hand
- Responsible for content creation targeting carrier & driver
- Email & in orcas/app notifications
- New releases
- User engagement
- Knowledge base
- Arbitrary campaign on benefits of features and did you know
- Being proactive in communicating effectively at all levels
To get there you will need:
- Good understanding of market trends within the logistic sector to take into consideration when creating content & campaigns
- Collaborative skills: As a product marketing manager you will have to collaborate closely with multiple teams across the business. This will often include product management and product analytics, engineering, as well as senior stakeholders.
- Communication skills: The ability to speak and write to a high standard is crucial. You will frequently have to present new products and write engaging copy, telling the ‘story’ of products, for various marketing channels.
- Research skills: A crucial part of being a product marketing manager is gaining insight into customer needs and experiences. Analysis of data, surveys and customer interviews will be part of this mix and you need to be well acquainted with these techniques.
What we will be offering:
- A successful startup in its hyper-growth phase
- An atmosphere of continuous learning and improvement
- Structured promotion process in order to give everyone the same chance to grow
- Structured regular feedback process enabling personal development
- A modern office in the heart of Berlin with coffee, free beverages, and a gym
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events and trips, partnership events with other companies and local organizers
- Regular home office and flexible working
- An attractive compensation package
At sennder we value commitment, team spirit, and your personal and professional development. Our mission is to offer our teams a diverse work environment by fostering a very friendly atmosphere and an energetic company culture. We enjoy to build and nourish long-lasting friendships across teams and often come together to plan fun events and activities