Product Marketing Manager
BetterLesson empowers K-12 teachers to build a modern classroom: learner-centered, culturally responsive, and personalized. Instead of the conventional one-size-fits-all professional development format for educators, BetterLesson supports teachers in a way that’s personalized and continuous -- using a mix of remote 1:1 coaching, remote team coaching, remote workshops, and in-person workshops, all supported by the BetterLesson Lab software. We match each teacher with a world-class coach and then leverage our technology to suggest customized teaching strategies, to measure impact on student learning, and to improve teaching practice continuously through rapid iteration. This process leads to off-the-charts teacher love (our data shows teachers love BetterLesson more than Apple users love their iPhones), high administrator engagement, and, most importantly, dramatic teacher and student growth.
BetterLesson has raised over $30M of venture capital and grant funding, serves over 400 school districts, sees 850K+ monthly active users accessing our online lessons and strategies, and is expanding quickly.
About Our Culture
We are a growing team of teaching practice geeks, educational opportunity devotees, and product development specialists who are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as reflected in and supported by our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Continuum. We place tremendous value on our company’s roots and culture: a shared passion to transform professional learning for educators at scale and a sense of urgency to achieve this vision on behalf of students.
BetterLesson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and value the inclusion of diverse perspectives of our team in support of our work with students and partners. We are deeply committed to providing equitable access and lifting up different voices inside and outside of the organization. We enthusiastically invite individuals of all backgrounds, including people of all races, colors, religions, sexes, pregnancy statuses (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origins, ages, marital statuses, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, non-disqualifying physical or mental disabilities, and/or any other characteristics unrelated to merit, to apply. At BetterLesson, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. All candidates should have the experience, competence, and enthusiasm to dive into our highly dynamic organization headfirst and rapidly solve complex, exciting, and interconnected problems. We offer a unique opportunity to join a small team and make a massive impact on our education system.
About The Role
Reporting to the SVP, Product, the Product Marketing Manager will be a strategic leader and subject matter expert on BetterLesson’s product and services offerings, developing content and resources to support internal teams as we go-to-market with new and expanded offerings.
- Craft core product positioning that differentiates our value from the competition
- Develop messaging that resonates with key markets and personas, serving as a critical liaison between development and customer-facing teams
- Contextualize BetterLesson in the educational and competitive landscape and support sales through training and enablement, including internal tools and external collateral
- Plan and manage multi-channel product communications, including releases of new product features, enhancements, and thought leadership
- Partner with the product team to evangelize the needs of our users.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, and design leaders to develop strategic campaigns and compelling assets that communicate the value of BetterLesson, in support of retention and acquisition efforts
- Analyze and synthesize qualitative and quantitative data, including conducting ongoing win/loss analysis and market research to support the evolution of our product development and go-to-market strategies
- Partner with sales leaders to track and drive conversion of the sales pipeline, in support of revenue goals
- Travel 25% to collaborate with colleagues and learn from our customers
- Passionate about and eager to grow in matters related to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Committed to building and sustaining a collaborative, inclusive environment
- Knowledgeable of and ahead of trends in the edtech market so that you can shape what’s next in our industry
- Collaborative and confident serving as the intersection between cross-functional departments that reach from development teams to sales
- Curious and customer-centric with a passion for making an impact on education
- Focused on creating measurable outcomes rather than delivering outputs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (required)
- 3+ years of product management, product marketing, or sales enablement experience, preferably in edtech
- Pragmatic Institute or other relevant industry certification
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple work streams and priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Proven brand positioning and product value proposition development expertise
We Can Offer You
- the opportunity to work with an awesome team to solve important problems.
- a competitive salary.
- health and other employee benefits.
- equity in the business you are helping to build.
- a flexible schedule and vacation policy.
- the opportunity to spend everyday working to improve outcomes for teachers and students.