Group Product Manager, Brilliant Black Minds
Remote (Within U.S.)
Great interviews are engineered. Come help Karat make every interview predictive, fair and enjoyable.
The status quo for technical interviewing doesn’t meet the needs of candidates or hiring companies. Haphazard interview experiences, subjective evaluations, and lack of capacity and expertise mean too many companies miss their hiring goals and miss out on great software engineers. At Karat, it's our mission to create better outcomes for companies and candidates by making every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable.
Karat conducts first-round technical interviews on behalf of companies including Indeed, Atlassian, Intuit, Peloton, The New York Times and Wayfair. We do this through a community of Interview Engineers who are equipped with Karat's interviewing platform, battle-tested questions, and data-informed best practices.
The result is highly predictive and fair interviews at scale that candidates truly enjoy. Karat has amassed the largest and most robust dataset of structured interview intelligence to produce never-before-seen hiring analytics.
As the world continues to transition to virtual work, and the fairness of hiring practices in the tech industry come under greater scrutiny, Karat is uniquely positioned to be a valuable, strategic partner as companies transition to 100% remote hiring.
Founded in 2014, Karat is a privately held and venture-funded company based in Seattle.
Brilliant Black Minds at Karat
Our Brilliant Black Minds team is committed to amplifying the incredible brilliance found in the Black computer science community by creating exposure, access, and fairness. We honor Black ingenuity with a deep commitment to support Black engineers as they change the world. Through Brilliant Black Minds, Karat is fueling our global interviewing network to make technical interviews more accessible, and the interview experience itself more equitable.
As our Senior Product Manager, you will reimagine the world’s interviewing status quo by defining and executing technical and programmatic elements of this program. From crafting the product strategy in collaboration with our dedicated team to developing product innovations that help reduce bias in technical interviews, this role involves leading a cross-functional team of Data Analysts, Software Engineers, and Program Managers, the day-to-day technical management of the program itself, and dreaming big for how the industry rethinks diverse technical hiring.
Karat’s HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but we are open to remote candidates for this role (within the U.S.).
- Define the product vision and success metrics. Working closely with this cross-functional team, you will design, obtain alignment, and execute data-informed product roadmaps and new design features.
- Iterate and expand the product offering. Lead and deliver projects from ideation, prioritization, design, development, and release.
Create the Future
- Present program health and solutions. Analyze program wins, learnings, gaps and needs, and partner with Karat leadership to increase the impact and reach of the product.
- Lead and develop the team. Lead a cross-functional team of specialists supporting the program, and manage core technical and project/program management staff.
- Expand product reach through engagement. Speak publicly about the program and its impact for external and client events and opportunities, as needed.
Be a Partner
- Build and lead the partnership model. Work closely with internal teams, such as Business Development, Content, Design, Engineering, Marketing, and Product in order to bring new products and models for the program to market.
- 7+ years of product or program management experience where you have conceptualized, developed and launched software products from the ground up
- Strong grasp of academia and/or how training and learning programs work (familiarity with HBCUs helpful)
- Cross-functional management experience highly preferred (previous management experience required)
- Passion for driving more diversity in tech and supporting early-career Black engineers; interest and ideally experience on topics related to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Strong communicator with expertise in collaborating with executives, Design, Engineering, internal partners, and external clients
Benefits of joining Karat
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits for all our full-time employees:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Medical / dental / vision insurance
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Laptop and other equipment fundamentals (monitor, keyboard, and mouse if you need it!)
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at email@example.com.
Textio Score: 93
Thank you Textio for helping us create inclusive job descriptions that prioritize transparent, unbiased candidate experiences from the very beginning.