Product Manager, Payroll Integrations
San Francisco, CA
Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
Why Payroll Integrations @ Human Interest?
We’re building the largest network of integrated payroll solutions of any 401(k) provider in the industry – and it’s dramatically simplifying the way small and medium sized businesses setup and run their 401(k)s. Traditional 401(k) providers typically handle data exchanges manually or put the onus on the customer. We’re on a mission to help more people save for retirement and making it effortless for employers to connect their payroll with Human Interest is critical to our success. Come join us and help make a real impact on people's financial lives!
You will be responsible for launching new API and SFTP payroll integrations which drive our customer acquisition engine and will own the support, monitoring and maintenance of live integrations to ensure a seamless experience for our customers.
What you get to do everyday
- Drive execution for your roadmap from inception to launch and serve as product owner for our network of payroll integration solutions. This role requires sharp analytical skills and strategic thinking to balance scalability and maintenance projects alongside strategic initiatives to automate operational processes and grow our partner network.
- Deeply understand the problems that you're tackling through research, data analysis and regular interaction with customers, engineering, partners, integration specialists and our operations teams. Define and frame those problems for the team and oversee solution development from design through release.
- Own relationships with a broad set of internal and external stakeholders including technical and business contacts at payroll and HRIS providers who partner with Human Interest
- Manage the sprint process for your team - prioritize work, run daily stand ups and ensure that your team remains focused on the most impactful projects
- Constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through quantitative and qualitative measures. Have a game plan to continuously measure and improve performance and product metrics.
- Continually find ways to make our development process more efficient so we can deliver high quality features to internal stakeholders and our customers quickly
What you bring to the role
- 3-5+ years experience as a Product Manager, ideally in SaaS/B2B with experience building external integrations to 3rd parties
- Bachelor's degree. Technical background and/or platform/integrations experience desired.
- A strong understanding of APIs and REST principles
- A passion for customers, solving problems and continuously finding ways to improve your product area and team processes without compromising on quality
- Strong relationship building skills and experience driving impact through cross-functional collaboration in a fast-paced environment
- A systematic approach to planning, prioritization and negotiation that leverages data
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bonus: experience building technical integrations with enterprise systems, especially HRIS or payroll
Please feel free to apply to the role even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements. We will consider mid to senior experience levels for this role.
About Human Interest:
We are a high-growth, Series C-funded company on a mission to change the retirement industry. We’re building a best-in-class product to make it possible for smaller businesses to give their employees a path to financial independence. Named one of America’s Best Startups by Forbes and one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, we’re continuing to grow and looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission: ensuring that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines.
We comply with CCPA guidelines.