Principal Product Manager, New Initiatives
Duolingo has changed the way people learn languages, and we are laser-focused on our long-term mission of giving everyone in the world access to high-quality education.
The New Initiatives area owns many of the most ambitious 0-to-1 projects at the company. You’ll own one of the projects in the area, and be responsible for finding product/market fit as well as growing its reach.
We’re looking for a product leader who can motivate a team around a bold mission, clarify and simplify ambiguous problems, and ship like crazy.
- Drive long-term strategy
- Drive product features through their entire creative cycle: ideation, specification, development, release, analysis, and iteration
- Work closely with area leads and senior leadership
- Perform qualitative and quantitative research to discover feature ideas and validate them before development
- Perform quantitative analysis on features’ performance and find opportunities for optimization
- Ability to travel to Duolingo's Pittsburgh, PA headquarters every quarter
- Experience generating outstanding results as a Product Manager at a high performing software company (ideally 5 years)
- A desire to make the world a better place through technology and education
- Ability to utilize user insights, data, and statistical analyses to inform decisions
- An instinct for creating simple and intuitive user experiences
- Proven ability to learn fast
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful and innovative
- Experience leading projects and teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Design, Psychology, or related field
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Experience working with 2-sided marketplace products or events-related products
- Advanced degree in Business, Computer Science, Design, Psychology, or related field
- Professional experience in areas highly related to our work as product managers at Duolingo, such as software engineering, design, data analysis, or language learning.