Product Designer - New Product Incubation
San Francisco, CA | New York, NY
We are on a mission to build an operating system for operational productivity applications, to unlock better efficiency, reveal strategic insights, and enable new product possibilities for business across all industries. We are solidly backed by a16z, Greylock, and NEA.
As the first Senior Product Designer joining our new product incubator to realize the power of Instabase's platform for thousands of businesses, you will be building innovative new products with a small and nimble team of Product Manager and Engineers. You will have significant strategic influence on the direction of the team and the product. You will deeply understand users and be involved in the entire product development process — from early foundational research, user problem discovery, visioning, user journey building, to design prototyping, eng/product/design prioritization, usability testing, and crafting pixel-perfect designs to launch products that users love and value.
- Set the design vision and drive the full design process on our new product incubation team, and ship MVP, beta, V0, and subsequent iterations of the product targeting smb/mid-market professionals.
- Build deep understanding and empathy for users and their problems.
- Collaborate with product and engineering to explore, scope, and build effective solutions.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions for this team and product.
- You thrive in ambiguity, love complex and fast-paced challenges with short feedback loops, and have the structure to make sense of things.
- You are excited about building deep empathy for the people and operations behind all types of businesses.
- You are passionate about distilling complex problems into elegant and simple solutions.
- You have a great understanding of good v.s. bad user experience. You think through user problems, find reasonable solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them.
- You look for opportunities to solve problems in innovative ways.
- You love well-designed products that fade into the background and products that just work.
- You think in terms of design systems and make rational design decisions.
- You collaborate amazingly with product, engineering, and marketing, and make pragmatic tradeoffs with your cross-functional partners while advocating for users/UX.
- You have great written and verbal communication skills.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in product design. Preferred if you have worked on a 0 → 1 new product.
Instabase is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in all forms. Instabase does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other unlawful factor. Instabase also complies with local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.