Lead Product Designer
Mountain View, CA or U.S Remote
Udacity's mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We partner with leading companies to learn how technology is transforming industries, then teach the critical tech skills that individuals need for new and better jobs, and companies are looking for in their workforce. With Nanodegree programs ranging from AI and Azure to Data Science, Robotic Process Automation, and Cybersecurity, our online training platform helps even the busiest learners prepare themselves for the most in-demand tech roles.
Udacity's unique learning model of real-world projects and experts and mentors available 24/7 enables an unprecedented degree of engagement with our students, and we are with them through every step of their learning journey—from the first moment a marketing team member might answer a question, to the penultimate moment when a career team member receives word that a graduate has gotten a new job. Always putting Students First guides us as we continue our mission to bring the highest quality learning possible, to as many learners as we can possibly reach.Learn more about Udacity's Values Students First - Better Together - Entrepreneurial - Data Driven - Candid and Direct - Talent Obsessed
- Shape the vision of a product that requires both emotional and bottom-line appeal.
- Design simple, elegant, data-driven, user-centric experiences that delight our various users.
- Translate customer insights into concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, system maps, user flows, wireframes, visual design comps, prototypes at varying levels of resolution with Sketch, Framer, Adobe CS, InVision, Zeplin and other contemporary design tools.
- Work closely with product management, design, and engineering to guide and deliver new product experiences and iterate on launched product experiences across Udacity’s platform.
- Provide direction and guidance for the Udacity Design System, continuing to build on existing foundations and envisioning its future by keeping up with trends in product design.
- Challenge members of our team to think boldly and deliver delightful product experiences.
- Work with Data and Research teams to collect any data necessary to inform design direction.
- Work primarily within Sketch on a Mac.
What we value:
- Experience designing software product experiences, for mobile and web, in a SaaS business environment.
- A track record of success in the leadership of design professionals.
- Experience owning a customer-centric product design process from concept to launch.
- An eye for world-class digital product design, with an uncompromising attitude towards delivering polished, pixel-perfect designs on sometimes tight deadlines.
- Expert-level understanding of design tools like Sketch, Framer, Zeplin, InVision, and Adobe CC.
- Experience in UX, UI, visual, and end-to-end product design
- Experience conducting customer research from insight panels to usability tests.
- Background developing interaction prototypes and motion design.