Senior/Lead Product Designer, Accessibility
MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 50 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 500 people around the world. In 2020, MURAL raised $118M in a series B round of financing and are working hard to take MURAL to the next level.
- As a member of our exciting, fast-growing Design System and Accessibility team, you will help extend and ensure design consistency across all MURAL touchpoints.
- As an accessibility expert and visual force, you will advocate for inclusive design methodologies within patterns and UI components to work across platforms (web, iOS, Android, Mac OS, Windows).
- Consider accessibility as part of UX strategy, optimizing designs from wireframes to high-fidelity prototypes, and evolving and maintaining components of our design system.
- Embody a deep empathy for all users including people with disabilities enhancing quality from a holistic perspective and providing comparable experiences for all.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders throughout the design process, creating user flows, wireframes and mockups to help develop a shared vision of components and features.
- Help define and evangelize inclusive design guidelines at MURAL, taking a strategic approach and owning the creation of end-to-end deliverables.
- Provide detailed input on implementation of design components to achieve a minimum of WCAG 2.1 Level AA compliance, including linear layout, good color contrast, keyboard logical ordering and accessibility testing.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Design, HCI, related field or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of expertise in Product Design or VxD
- Mastery of traditional design software (Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Principle, etc)
- Solid knowledge of user human-centered design
- Understanding of MURAL user needs, behaviors and emotions
- Strong system design thinking
Ideally you have...
- A portfolio highlighting multiple projects that demonstrate accessible and beautiful UI experiences
- Passion for creating design systems
- A strong understanding of accessibility best practices
- A keen eye for accessible, elegant and fun design
- Deep knowledge of inclusive design principles and interest in growing accessibility skills
- Track record of designing and shipping successful platform experiences for users, including experience in research and basic prototyping
- Ability to thrive in fast, ambitious and highly collaborative environments
- An understanding that feedback is a gift
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.