Senior Product Analyst - FinCrime
Senior Product Analyst - FinCrime
We’re looking for a Senior Product Analyst who is passionate about our mission of Money Without Borders to partner with our financial crime product teams to help drive data-driven and innovative growth decisions while helping to combat financial crime.
As a Senior Product Analyst, you'll be driving our analytics efforts in the Financial Crime product team that balances the work between fighting financial crime and enabling a smooth customer onboarding experience. You’ll also be a part of a wider team of over 50 Analysts! You’ll get to collaborate on cross-team projects, develop technical skills and bring ideas about how we can improve analytics across Wise.
Most importantly, you’ll collaborate closely with your product managers, designers and engineers to bring your insights into real change for our customers and help drive our mission!
At Wise our mission is Money Without Borders - instant, convenient, transparent and eventually free. Whether our customers are sending money to another country, spending money abroad, or making and receiving international business payments, Wise is on a mission to make their lives easier and save them money.
To get there, we need to ensure that our customers:
- Easily understand how Wise can solve their problems
- Can create an account and get verified with minimal friction
- Can fully adopt all features that can help with their needs
- Understand and utilise key features designed with their goals in mind
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the FinCrime team:
- You’ll evaluate existing processes in the FinCrime team and rationalise them with meaningful metrics.
- You’ll expose the vast data on our processes to the product teams across Wise in a meaningful and actionable way in which people can proactively access the information without friction or need for analyst assistance.
- Proactively contribute to, own, create, track key results for your product team, keeping them accountable throughout the quarter.
- You’ll help measure the control and work efficiency across the compliance domain.
- You have at least 4 years experience of working as a data or a product analyst, preferably in a tech company with product managers, designers and engineers
- You are highly proficient in SQL, with hands on experience in a working environment
- You’re proficient with Python/R, able to automate complex processes and construct robust data pipelines.
- You are passionate about product development and have a strong product intuition.
- You have a strong track record of applying quantitative analysis to see beyond the numbers, generate actionable insights and drive the adoption of your proposed changes in Product by influencing stakeholders
- You know your way around an analytics stack: you have worked with data warehouses(Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift etc.), ETL/ELT (Airflow, DBT etc.) and data visualisation tools (Looker, PowerBI, Tableau etc.,)
- You can write complex queries by leveraging window functions or write functions to reduce our query times as we deal with large data sets.
- You’re a self-starter who is comfortable working autonomously and with cross-discipline teams located across multiple offices. You prioritise your effort based on impact, and are able to own a project from start to finish.
- You’re customer-focused at the core. At Wise, our customers always come first, so being passionate about making a real difference to their lives is key
Some extra skills that are great (but not essential):
- You have a good understanding of statistics (probability, distributions, hypothesis testing)
- You are comfortable running A/B/n tests that will support funnel optimisation and increase conversion.
- Prior experience in the compliance domain
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.