Group Product Manager
Remote - London, England, United Kingdom
Posted 2 weeks ago
The Group Product Manager is responsible for product strategy and delivery in our Contents & Partnerships product group. They lead a cross functional product team of product designers and engineers whilst also line managing other product and delivery managers in the group to ensure a coordinated direction.
The Group Product Manager reports to the Director of Product, their primary stakeholder is the Chief Contents & Partnerships Officer (dotted line reporting) and they also have a strong working relationship with other leaders within the Content & Partnerships department. They are responsible for developing the learning and course creation experience, plus our Campus, Schools and Business propositions.
FutureLearn is a fast growing education marketplace, featuring high quality online short courses, Microcredentials and degrees from the world's leading universities and industry brands. Our purpose is to transform access to education. We help our 11m+ learners build skills for today and tomorrow.
We're looking for a Group Product Manager who has expertise in developing products for educational and industry partners and with a knowledge of content and education technology. You will help us scale and innovate and create a real impact at a time where the world needs new and innovative approaches to delivering relevant education to millions.
- 5+ years of experience in product management leading end-to-end product development and leading teams working in a collaborative cross functional environment.
- You have delivered successful education technology products, ideally for an higher education and/or a Learning & Development customer base
- You are conversant in learning design and pedagogy
- You have experience of coaching and line managing other product managers and you can lead by example through your exemplary practice
- You work in a highly collaborative way with a heavy emphasis on teamwork and leading through influence; you can partner with other teams to drive change
- You are curious and open to learn and adapt fast
- You are a clear communicator. You can articulate a clear and compelling vision and get people across the organisation to buy into your vision and approach
- You are able to zoom in and obsess about small details that benefit learners and partners
- You are data and insights driven. You can show the value you add to customers and get teams behind you. You are results-oriented and very rigorous about measuring impact
FutureLearn is a leading social learning platform with over 10 million users globally. FutureLearn uses design, technology and partnerships to create enjoyable, credible and flexible short online courses, microcredentials, as well as undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, with a strong social learning USP. It partners with over a quarter of the world’s top universities, as well as organisations such as Accenture, the British Council, Raspberry Pi and Health Education England. It’s also involved in government-backed initiatives to address skills gaps such as The Institute of Coding and the National Centre for Computing Education.
FutureLearners live and breathe the company values and have a strong connection with our purpose, to transform access to education. We offer lots of flexibility, competitive benefits and a cool work environment. At FutureLearn, we look after each other.
We offer lots of flexibility, competitive base salary, bonus and benefits in a collaborative work environment. At FutureLearn, we look after each other
Please use our online form by pressing 'Apply for this job' below, including your CV and a cover letter telling us why you'd like to come work with us. Don’t forget to include your salary expectations.
Please contact email@example.com if you require any reasonable adjustments or alterations to be made, to support you through the recruitment process.
Closing date for applications will be Tuesday May 26th 2020
We can't wait to meet you!
We value all the great benefits that diversity brings and encourage everyone to bring their whole self at work, regardless of gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or disability.
We encourage freelancers and people who have been made redundant as a result of COVID-19 to apply for opportunities at FutureLearn. We believe that in these difficult times, good employers have to rise to the occasion and play their part in the community. At FutureLearn, we take care of each other.