Product Manager Automotive Simulation
Role: Product Manager Automotive Simulation
We are looking for a senior product manager to join the R&D team at Navinfo Europe. Our team is focused on enabling companies to bring products to market faster and more cost effectively by enabling them to simulate the real world at scale. As a Product Manager, you will be working with a world-class team of engineers, researchers, product managers, and other internal stakeholders. Your contributions will help bring simulation-based products to market in multiple industry verticals and help change the way products are built. We’re looking for someone who is entrepreneurial, adaptable, and enjoys challenging the status quo. Simulation is one of many services which Navinfo is planning to offer to their customers as part of the Navinfo Cloud service portfolio. Your job will be to bring our Simulation offering to the European and global market. Our work is at the center of the most consequential mega-trends in technology - artificial intelligence and self-driving - and there has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
Founded in 2002, Navinfo now is the No.1 Location Service Provider in China. NavInfo is leading the way to become the “Digital Brain of Intelligent Driving” with core businesses in HD map, high accuracy positioning, cloud service platform, automotive-grade semiconductors for ADAS, and autonomous driving.
In NavInfo Europe, we work with an integral approach on topics related to Autonomous Driving, Smart Mobility, Smart Cities, Cybersecurity, and Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV). Multiple disciplines like Control System Design, World Modeling, Motion Planning, Functional & Operational Safety, Sensor Fusion, V2V & V2X Communication, Electronics, Software Engineering, Assessment, Tooling, etc. work together to bring the automated vehicle into life.
- Assess existing and new requirements for scaling Simulation production to substantial levels to enable level 4 and 5 autonomous driving and commercialize our offering; facilitate assessment and selection of the best production-at-scale option(s), and coordinate the team to successfully evolve tools and operational processes to achieve it.
- Drive Core Simulation engine release targets and scope; align Sim Creation and Evaluation deliverables to tool availability, release cadence, and verification & validation milestones.
- Define the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for Simulation product targeting automotive development in the area of ADAS and Autonomous Driving
- Define and execute short-, mid- and long-term roadmaps for both single-team and cross-functional efforts related to Simulation.
- Understanding the pain points and needs of early users and customers
- Partner deeply with Simulation leads and engineers, Quality/Functional Safety teams on technical matters to ensure the Global Simulation team’s work is aligning to broader organizational development.
- Collaborate with industry-leading technical experts to guide testing system development ranging across diverse levels of Simulation fidelity and granularity.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify and create additional industry vertical products based on our simulation platform, such as our AI Research Lab and our HAD Map business unit
- Track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to upper management and project stakeholders, and engage and energize the project teams to achieve aggressive goals.
- Identify and track key success metrics for your products and features
- Understand technical implementation at the architectural level and propose technical alternatives when necessary; ask questions that clarify priorities and challenge the team to be effective.
- Support technical and strategic planning, leading conversations with key stakeholders to develop concepts for initiatives and developing those into detailed program / project plans (including roadmaps, funding planning, resource planning, and hiring goals).
- Have a integral business approach towards identifying and including solutions within Simulation
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience as a Product Manager for Simulation driven products/services.
- A business network in the Simulation industry to support the faster time to market of new NavInfo Europe products and services
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Information Systems or a related area, or the equivalent in experience with evidence of exceptional ability preferred.
- Strong customer focus with experience driving primary research initiatives
- Direct, measurable impact through the design, development and launch of ground-breaking products.
- Solid technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges and risks; ability to work closely with engineers.
- Knowledge of technical architectures, computer science, and software development lifecycle.
- Experience working collaboratively with other product and functional teams
- Experience leading projects from inception to completion
- Willingness to travel to support our co-development activities in China
- Start-up mentality, you are dedicated, agile and thrive on getting things done
- Highly proficient in English - written and spoken
- A valid drivers’ license
- Experience with industrial simulation-based products like autonomous vehicles, etc.
- Experience with scenario based validation
- Previous experience in the automotive industry or working autonomous vehicle programs.
- Experience in the gaming industry, shipping AI/ML technologies
- Strong experience in project management; practical familiarity with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and ability to apply them where best suited.
- Knowledge of Dutch and/or Chinese (Mandarin)
Working at Navinfo Europe
- Your work has real purpose and will improve lives all around the world. Our technology will increase roadway safety, expand access to mobility, revitalize our cities, and create a new platform for people to enjoy next-generation experiences in transportation.
- We're a growing international & multicultural team of incredibly smart and fun people you'll enjoy being around!
- Navinfo Europe is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you like working within an informal and innovative organisation with a solid customer base, then please feel free to add your motivation with your CV via the application button.
For more information on the different roles in our organization, please call HRM +31 40-711 35 56, Luchthavenwenweg 34 5657 EB Eindhoven
Your application will be kept in the recruitment database for one year. However, you will need to apply to each specific job that is of interest.