Lead/Principal Product Manager (Data & Analytics)
Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our platform empowers more than 20 million active users to analyze and act on feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and market research respondents. SurveyMonkey's products, enterprise solutions, and integrations enable more than 345,000 organizations to deliver better customer experiences, increase employee retention , and unlock growth and innovation. Ultimately, SurveyMonkey's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices.
More about our Product Platform (Analytics) Team
A core strategy for the SurveyMonkey platform is to differentiate our product offerings based on Analytics and Insights driven by the platform to enable relevant use cases across our vertical solutions. The analytics engine in the platform would power some of our bleeding edge innovation in our portfolio through time series analysis, statistical analysis and other advanced ML driven techniques. We are looking for a lead product management professional to manage the platform analytics vision, strategy and execution.
What we're looking for
The Lead Product Manager for Data and Analytics will report to our Director of Product in the platform team, and play a vital role across our product organization, coordinating with our product line PMs across our business segments and cross-functional stakeholders in Machine Learning, Product, Engineering, Design, Growth, Customer Support, Sales and Product Marketing.
You will bring domain expertise in data analytics and visualization, and develop a deep sense of common capabilities for specialized applications built across our surveys, customer experience and market research businesses. You bring adequate technical skills to understand and guide strategy and execution decisions. This role has the opportunity to help our vertical solutions create value to end users and drive deep insights that fundamentally change customer’s business outcomes. The analytics and insights platform charter will be pivotal to the future growth of SurveyMonkey and its position in the market vs other leading competitors.
- Lead the Analytics & Insights platform charter company-wide, including establishing vision, strategy and 3 year roadmap
- Balance both internal departmental priorities from product line PMs, sales, customer success, vertical solutions and external priorities from customers to build and execute on a holistic roadmap
- Ability to sift through the technical details and surface a value proposition/benefit story to evangelize analytics capabilities directly to customers and indirectly through PMM and sales teams
- Work closely with our UX design and research teams to deeply understand our persona across various segments to drive common analytics capabilities that can be leveraged by our vertical product orgs
- MUST have 8+ years of experience in the data & analytics domain with a deep understanding of columnar data sets, data quality/cleansing/cataloging/enrichment, tabular operations and visualization
- MUST have 4+ years in enterprise platform product management roles with a focus on UI/UX for analytics/visualization products
- Prior success in SaaS organizations driving large web scale data-sets and hands-on experience with tools such as Tableau, Cognos and/or Microsoft PowerBI
- Experience with product experimentation, A/B testing, and driving data-driven roadmap decisions
- Experience building ML based analytics products is a HUGE PLUS
- Equally good at tactical/technical discussions at the 1000 feet level and strategy and priorities at the 50k feet level
- Experience working with global, cross functional teams to ensure the success of the defined strategy
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By advocating inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.