Product Marketing Manager
New York, NY
Addepar is seeking a highly motivated Product Marketing Manager who is passionate about building go-to-market programs and strategies in an exciting, growing market. You’ll develop a keen understanding of our clients, our industry and use this knowledge to prioritize and drive the right go-to-market efforts. You will craft the messaging and positioning to further accelerate our growth and design marketing tactics that drive demand and enable customer facing teams.
An ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits customers can digest is critical, as well as an ability to think strategically about Addepar product and services positioning. You’ll become an expert in the market, the buyers, the product, and how it modernizes Wealth Management and help transfer that knowledge to our customer facing teams. You will also lead strategic efforts including gaining a better understanding of the customer as well as our current (and future) competitors, driving new product launches and supporting go-to-market efforts. You will work crossfunctionally with the product, sales, account management, partnerships, services and demand gen teams to develop and communicate our core product strategy and work with partners to enhance our platform offerings.
You’ll also be getting the chance to work and build your career at an exciting, fast-growing, startup with an open and inclusive culture that is disrupting the wealth management and financial services industry.
What you’ll do
- Identify industry, market, and customer needs and opportunities, ensuring a clear and differentiated position for Addepar’s platform
- Work with our Product and Partnerships teams to build out our strategy, messaging and go-to-market plans for our range of standalone and integrated solutions
- Work with our Sales team to develop best practices and playbooks for our target segments, including enterprise organizations, private banks and Registered Investment Advisors.
- Provide support for department-wide Marketing initiatives
- Communicate the value proposition of Addepar’s solutions, integrations and services offerings to customer facing teams
- Ensure content (e.g. case studies, sales enablement materials, product videos, web copy, competitive differentiation, white papers) communicates the unique capabilities of our platform in customer language.
- Assist members of customer facing teams with calls to prospects and existing customers
- Become an expert on our product and services and find creative ways to help expand and grow our revenue within our existing customers
- 4-6 years in a role at a SaaS-based software company in a product marketing and/or product management role
- Ideal candidate has 3+ years of GTM planning and execution experience working cross-functionally with sales, professional services and customer facing teams
- Proven track record of positioning SaaS products effectively to different external and internal audiences
- Ability to surface, analyze, and present data related to team and department efforts
- Ability to operate independently and make decisions
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change, as well as work in a fast-paced environment
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with assessing strengths/weaknesses of competitors, and comparing/contrasting partner ecosystem members
- Experience with Business Intelligence, Marketing Operations and CRM tools such as Looker, Showpad, Marketo and Salesforce
- Bachelors in business, marketing, or related industry experience
- Experience in financial services or wealth management is a plus but not required
Addepar is a wealth management platform that specializes in data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Founded in 2009 by Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC, the company's platform aggregates portfolio, market and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $2 trillion of assets on the company's platform. In 2020, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City and Salt Lake City. All brokerage services offered through Acervus Securities Inc., member FINRA / SIPC.
Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds, and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
In order to ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.