Head of Product
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in
The Nitty Gritty
We have over 6,200 people across our global offices, and generate an annual revenue of over $1.2 billion, this makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies. We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, providing IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations. With this comes a long list of significant clients Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.
About the Role
The Head of Product leads, develops and manages the strategy, planning, product design and backlog of our product portfolio over its full life cycle. This role is responsible for the success of DataPay and any new modules or associated products through guiding our product people in our cross-functional product domain teams. DataPay is a cloud-based, enterprise payroll and human resource software solution and it’s a big year for Datacom with growth the name of the game. Play a pivotal role in an important part of Datacom’s business and bring your expertise to help guide the team and move us forward.
What you’ll bring
- A comprehensive understanding of SaaS metrics and growth levers
- A comprehensive understanding of the commercial side of product planning, development and execution
- A comprehensive understanding of modern product management processes in an agile software delivery environment
- At least 7 years’ experience in product leadership, preferably with experience in B2B software or service industry
- Leadership experience at a senior level including the areas for people and strategy
- Experience managing cross-functional projects, people and delivering to deadlines
- Develop and contribute significantly to the overall product management discipline and processes within the Datacom product management and product delivery community
- Nurturing the product team and driving the product strategy and processes to allow them to succeed
- Growing cross-functional collaboration and trust
- Working with senior executive stakeholders on strategy, goals and alignment
- Foster teamwork. Provide and build a positive team culture that encourages staff to work co-operatively in a challenging, empathetic environment where thinking and learning is encouraged
- Define and recommend product development strategy
- Analyse data and business intelligence from products, market, competitors, customers, prospects, key industry analysts, and other constituencies.
- Conduct user experience analysis and provide recommendations
- Analyse pricing and provide recommendations
- Create product vision and communicate to the wider product and development team.
- Communicate with stakeholders across the board, including customers, business managers, and the development team to make sure the goals are clear, and the vision is aligned with business objectives.
- Provide regular reporting and updates to Head of PaySystems and Director Local Government and SaaS Engineering and other key internal stakeholders on product team activity and delivery performance