VP of Product Design
Posted 2 weeks ago
Lead our product design team as we push the boundaries of our user experience to continually delight our customers.
Frame.io is changing the future of how videos are made by helping over 1 million creative professionals seamlessly collaborate from all over the world.
We’re backed by Accel, FirstMark, Insight Partners, SignalFire, Jared Leto, and a host of other amazing investors. Our market-leading product is used and loved by companies such as Turner, Disney, NASA, Snapchat, BBC, BuzzFeed, TED, Adobe, Udemy, and many more.
We’re in an exciting period of growth and are seeking extremely talented and passionate individuals who share our vision for helping visual content creators produce their best work.
About the Role
Frame.io has built a product creatives recognize and admire through unrelenting attention to detail and always going above and beyond. We're looking for a strong product design leader to help us continue to push the boundaries of what is possible. You’ll help define the product experience across all our surfaces, partnering with product management, research, and engineering to make sure we continue to lead and innovate by solving tomorrow's problems today.
This is a role for a creative individual with excellent aesthetic judgment and willingness to collaborate within a team environment. You’ll help by progressing the Frame.io experience and you’ll also inspire and elevate the team by overseeing work that is always raising the bar and taking a user experience first approach to solving problems. Your work will allow our customers to feel delighted every time they use our product.
- 10+ years of digital/product design experience
- 5+ years of management experience
- Great taste and aesthetic sensibility
- Bold vision and passion for great design
- Well versed in, and opinionated about visual and user experience design
- Unafraid to have your opinion changed (strong beliefs, loosely held)
- Experience successfully mentoring designers
- Love giving and receiving honest, thoughtful feedback
- Experience running design teams, and collaborating effectively with engineering managers and product leaders
- Experience using tools like Figma and Sketch
- A solid understanding of web and mobile applications
- A deep-seated awareness of what makes a great product experience
- Ability to focus despite an ever-shifting internal and external landscape
- A rigorous User Centered Design process, and a deep appreciation for quality and consistency
- Champion design throughout the product org
- Build a best in class product design process
- Implement design strategy and architecture across the Frame.io product
- Develop the designers on your team, set clear goals, manage workloads, and ensure their overall happiness
- Recruit new designers and actively participate in the hiring process
- Foster a culture of innovation and high quality
- Work with designers and teams to ensure the best, most relevant processes and practices are employed and evolved as necessary
- Collaborate with product management, engineering and research
- Chip in as a designer on projects as necessary
- Competitive salary and equity
- Paid parental leave for primary or secondary caregivers
- Unlimited PTO and designated Volunteering paid time off
- Work From Anywhere Week
- Yearly stipend for learning and development
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and OneMedical membership
- Pre-tax commuter benefit and Flexible Spending Account
- Daily catered lunch & fully stocked kitchen with cold brew on tap
- Discounted gym membership, Classpass discount and Free Citi-Bike membership
Our philosophy is simple. At Frame.io, we believe that working with people of different backgrounds and perspectives allows us to elevate each other and helps us build a better product for our users.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to providing all employees with a work environment that celebrates individuality and remains free from any form of discrimination and harassment. We base our employment decisions on the needs of our business, job requirements, and applicants' qualifications. In other words, we only care that you’re the best person for the job.