Future Drifter - Senior Product Marketing Manager
Boston, MA or San Francisco, CA
Posted 2 weeks ago
Drift is the Conversational Marketing platform that combines chat, email, video, and automation to remove the friction from business buying. With Drift, you can start conversations with future customers now, on their terms -- not days later. There are over 50,000 businesses that use Drift today to generate more revenue, shrink sales cycles, and make buying easy. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
About the role
We’re looking to double the size of our product marketing team to align with the sophistication and expansion of our product portfolio. We created the category of Conversational Marketing and in working with our customers established ourselves as #1 in the only Magic Quadrant for Conversational Marketing, from G2 Crowd. Now the exciting work begins, which includes continuing to lead the market through the creation of a narrative, product messaging and positioning as well as engagement with customers, the media and analysts to grow the overall category.
Our ideal candidate loves product marketing because they love being at the center of the business. In this role you will work with product to help define our offerings and build messaging to help inspire customers and prospects to want to learn more. You will also work with the internal marketing teams to develop messaging from thought leadership down to feature details that can be used across all our marketing tactics whether those are online or in 1:1 conversations delivered by our sales team.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll report directly to the VP of Marketing along with the growing team of product marketers both in Boston and San Francisco.
- You’ll be responsible for messaging & positioning for each of the new products we launch, telling stories about how they all work together, and bringing them to life throughout all marketing communications and presentations.
- You’ll create the collateral that helps our sales team sell more. You’ll create the content our customer success team needs to help onboard & guide our customers. Your overall mission will be to help our customers get the most out of Drift.
- You’ll own product launches at Drift, working closely with the VP of Product and our product managers to understand what we’re launching early in the process and then be responsible for taking each new product to market. You will own the go-to-market strategy, but you’ll need to get buy-in from all of the key stakeholders in marketing so they can help us create the best launch possible -- from the website to emails to one-pagers and more.
- You’ll be responsible for creating content that helps show the rest of the world the power of Drift -- from new website pages to key stats and research that shows the value of Drift.
- You’ll help position Drift and the value our offerings create to various personas in companies of varying sizes
- You’ll collaborate with Sales and Customer Success to understand the engagement lifecycle from awareness through advocacy to develop features and messaging that helps us differentiate and drive value.
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- You have a solid B2B product marketing background with 5+ years of experience.
- You’re ready to deal with a lot of moving parts. Drift is a rocketship and we launch something new every single month. That means you need to be OK with things changing at the last minute -- and you believe that perfect is the enemy of good.
- You love supporting the sales team. Whether it’s a new case study, a one pager, a new video, or a battlecard, you’re always ready to dig in with the sales team and make it easier for them to sell more Drift.
- You love making customers successful. We have a lot of education to do, since Conversational Marketing is a brand new category. But that’s what gets you excited. You’re ready to write the blueprint and the methodology to show the world how to do it right.
- You’re a pro at working cross-functionality. There are a lot of moving parts with product launches. You’ll need to get tight with the product team, customer support, and your teammates in marketing and know how to influence each team.
- You’re organized. Maybe you love Trello, Evernote, Asana, or just a good ol spreadsheet. Whatever you use, you’re organized -- because you have to be with how much is happening.
- You want to bring Apple-level product marketing to B2B. From the storytelling, to the simplicity of their messaging to their design -- that’s the level you want to bring to Drift.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as a “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com