UX Research Operations Manager (remote)
This is a remote position.
This position will be open and accepting applications until 5 PM EST on June 25, 2021.
Some federal contracts require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
We are looking for a driven, organized, and passionate Senior Researcher to manage research operations on a large program. You’ll play a key role in maturing the processes, tools, and culture to enable user research to have a greater impact on our work. The ideal candidate wants to make a difference, cares about making technology work for people, and enjoys speaking with a diverse range of people. Your work will improve the lives of people interacting with the US Government. As part of our team, you will work with product managers, designers, and developers to help deliver web applications and services.
- Our Federal contracts require that you be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for employment.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As a contractor to the federal government, all hires may be required to complete additional background screenings at the time of hire or any time thereafter as requested.
What You'll Do
- Prioritize research projects based on team needs and goals, helping teams identify the right qualitative or quantitative methods for their learning goals
- Develop resources such as prioritization frameworks and workshop templates to help teams prioritize research findings and develop experiments to address user needs
- Plan and facilitate collaboration between researchers, product team members, and stakeholders
- Establish mechanisms to measure improvements to user experience over time
What You'll Bring
- Minimum 5 years experience planning and facilitating a range of research types from usability testing to exploratory discovery projects
- Experience working in an agile development environment collaborating with technology product teams, including product managers, designers, and developers
- Problem-solving skills making tools and techniques work for projects, and adjusting when unexpected things go wrong
- Experience with quantitative methods such as surveys, tree testing, etc
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge of or experience with accessibility a plus
- Experience with Government work or technology a plus
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Use What You Need Vacation Policy
- 401K with employer match
- Paid parental leave after one year of service
- Continuing education/annual conference attendance stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.