Product Owner (L3)
Denver, Colorado, United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why, and Where.
At Twilio, our mission is to revolutionize the future of customer engagement. We believe that communication should be at the heart of every product and customer experience. The Engineering Enablement Team is responsible for providing tools, platforms, and solutions used by all Twilions to deliver on this mission. We are looking for a Product Owner to lead strategy, delivery, and management of solutions for a variety of technical initiatives.
Twilio is looking for a Product Owner who lives the Twilio Magic and also has:
- 4+ years of experience working on delivery of technical projects
- 2+ years of experience working as a Product Owner in a continuous delivery environment
- Proven success in leading value advocacy and managing customer requirements for large and small projects
- Solid understanding of Product Ownership with demonstrated ability to produce relevant artifacts.
- Reasonable understanding of technical concepts and ability to converse meaningfully with engineers.
- Demonstrated insight showing you build processes where it's needed, and know how to cut through bureaucracy when it's inefficient, but also how to create structure when appropriate.
As a Product Owner, you will be responsible for value advocacy and guiding the strategic direction of products demonstrated by:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Talk with customers and listen to their problems. Talk to cross-functional teams and understand the problems they’ve heard from customers.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Create clear, written documentation of the problems you seek to solve, associated risks, and present those to your team. This includes process flows, UI/UX mockups, Product Roadmaps, etc.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE & DRAW THE OWL: Ruthlessly prioritize the incremental path to solving customer problems, delivering concrete customer value at each stage. Work closely with customer design partners to deliver experiences they love and value.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate with functional teams and BUs within Twilio on their initiatives. Be an advocate and help engineering teams focus on what is needed to create a great product experience. Facilitate quarterly planning, collaborate on sprints in Agile/Scrum, assist in managing the backlog and drive prioritization.
- Manage vendor relationships and vendor led deliverables and collaborate on solutions.
- Experience acquiring and manipulating data sets and key value paired data such as JSON, XML, etc.
- Working knowledge of API’s, web services, webhooks, system architecture, user management, application security and compliance.
- Experience with ServiceNow, Atlassian Tools (Jira, ServiceDesk, Confluence), Airtable is a plus.
- Experience with application testing, testing methodologies and approaches is a plus.
Twilio is a fast growing company, rapidly expanding the breadth of our product offerings and the geographies we serve. The Engineering Enablement Team is responsible for enabling teams to realize these opportunities by providing expert consulting and tooling. Our work has an impact on critical initiatives both today and in the future.
This position will be fully remote and working with the team headquartered out of the Denver, Colorado office.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world's communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.