Vice President, Product Marketing (San Francisco)
Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container, Kubernetes, and cloud revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to confidently run cloud-native applications. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too -- we were awarded the 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
This candidate must have hands-on experience with either cloud and/or security. They need to be a great communicator with a passion for translating technical capabilities into content that connects with technical audiences like cloud and security architects. Ideally, you have experience with cloud security or threat detection and response tools.
As the Vice President, Product Marketing for Sysdig, your team will be responsible for creating the product marketing strategy, messaging, customer facing materials, and sales enablement content required to support the Sysdig business. The scope of the role includes product, ecosystem, technology partner, channel, and technical marketing. Our customers and prospects are technical, and you will need to understand the technology and speak the language of DevOps and security teams.
As a member of the marketing leadership team you will work closely with product management, sales, customers, and partners to understand customer challenges and how we uniquely address them. Your strong understanding of customer requirements and the competitive landscape will allow you to create strategies and execute plans that generate awareness, drive pipeline growth and bookings.
- Lead the team in executing product launches, creating clear and compelling product messages and content.
- Impact pipeline and bookings growth for Sysdig by contributing across all aspects of product, ecosystem, technical and channel marketing
- Develop materials that allow the sales team and partners to carry a consistent message and drive pipeline conversion
- Represent Sysdig externally with press, analysts, partners, on webinars, at events and conferences with technical credibility and persuasive delivery
- Lead the team in consistently meeting or exceeding commitments and deadlines with high-quality deliverables
- 10+ years of either product/technical marketing, sales engineering or solution architect with experience in security, cloud, EDR, DevOps or a related area
- Proven track record managing teams and coaching individuals
- Hands on technical experience with either container/cloud security, incident response, vulnerability management or threat detection tools
- Demonstrated ability to generate content that is compelling and guides prospects through their buyer’s journey
- Excellent writing and communications skills as well as exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to lead and collaborate across different functions, geographies, and cultures, including sales and product management.
- Driven, self-motivated, and able to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Proven technical aptitude
- Computer science, electrical engineering, or similar technical degree is preferred. Native proficiency level in both written and spoken English.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open-source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- A monthly allowance that can be used for the following types of expenses (Employee wellness, Housecleaning services, Home internet, Phone expenses, Office supplies, Office furniture)