Product Marketing Manager, GTM
Mixpanel helps companies measure what matters, make decisions fast, and build better products through data. With our powerful, self-serve product analytics solution, teams can easily analyze how and why people engage, convert, and retain—in real-time, across devices—to improve their user experience.
Mixpanel serves over 30,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Expedia, Uber, Ancestry, DocuSign, and Lemonade. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About The Marketing Team
Mixpanel's Marketing team is responsible for creating messaging, content, and programs that drive awareness with our target audience, influence purchase decisions, and help users achieve maximum value from our products and become advocates.
The product marketing function, which you'd be a part of, was recognized by Sharebird as a Top 25 Team To Learn From And Work For To Develop Your Product Marketing Career. The team takes pride in being collaborative, strategic, and results-oriented – as well as fun and fulfilling to be a part of.
About the Role
We're looking for a product marketing manager who loves working with sales teams to build pipeline and win deals. Your charter will be to develop effective assets, campaigns, and talking points tailored to different customer segments (small business, mid-market, and enterprise) and industries (SaaS, e-commerce, media, fin-tech, etc.).
To thrive in this role, you'll need to be a great writer, confident presenter, and self-starter who proactively looks for opportunities to improve how we market and talk about the product throughout the purchase process.
- Build content that helps our sales team win deals, including pitch decks, two pagers, proposal documents, persona messaging, email copy, and competitive battle cards.
- Work with our sales and growth teams to build campaigns targeting specific customer segments and industries. You'll tailor our core value proposition to maximize the number of people who try and purchase Mixpanel.
- Research our market, competitors, and customers and become a subject matter expert who can create effective talking points. From there, work with enablement to get them into the sales portal, email sequences, and training sessions.
We're Looking For Someone Who Has
- 2+ years experience in B2B product marketing.
- Exceptional communication skills, including writing and delivering presentations. We'll be asking for 2-3 examples that best showcase your work.
- Great program management skills; proven track record to drive cross-functional projects.
- The desire to make a difference and the versatility to pivot and solve a broad range of problems as they arise.
- An appetite for collaboration, driven by the belief that your success is dependent on the success of others around you.
- A knack for storytelling and value-forward messaging; establishing why something is important, who it's important for, and what its impact will be.
- Experience working with sales teams and a deep understanding of B2B purchase processes.
Bonus Points For
- Experience using Mixpanel or other product analytics tools.
- Knowledge of the data and analytics market.
- Time spend in a sales engineering, customer success, or account management role.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Care
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Generous Vacation Policy & Additional Company Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Volunteer Time Off
- Additional US Benefits: Pre-Tax Benefits including 401(K), Wellness Benefit, Holiday Break
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or other similar laws that may be applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.