UX Designer - Health & Privacy
San Francisco, CA
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch's community of streamers and viewers are at the heart of everything we build. As a User Experience Designer at Twitch, you will produce high-quality visual experiences which bring joy to people all over the world. Summarize product needs into functional, beautiful solutions will be paramount for achieving success.
Reporting to a director of design, we are looking for an energetic, curious, and creative designer that is ready to tackle hard problems. Designers at Twitch are involved in development from project conception all the way through execution and iteration. You will have the opportunity to do hands-on research and collaborate closely with engineers. If you are an advocate for designing for humans and create playful and caring software for your customers, you will flourish on this team.
The Community Health & Privacy teams at Twitch help ensure a safe environment for our creators and viewers. Building a safe environment ensures that our creators and communities can continue to thrive and build meaningful connections. As part of this team you will have the opportunity to help build better safety tools for our creators, moderators and viewers.
- Collaborate with a cross functional development team of product managers, engineers, and designers
- Learn from streamers and viewers about the ways they use our services and their desires to accomplish more
- Think creatively about how to solve problems that will sustain streamers' communities
- Give back to the design community at Twitch by using and improving existing patterns and approaches
- Combine qualitative and quantitative information to develop hypotheses about customer motivations and use that to improve your designs
- Present your work to others by participating in design reviews and feedback sessions
- 6+ months of industry experience in UX design or related creative discipline
- Your own aesthetic sense, but also a strong curiosity to learn and grow as a designer
- Demonstrated empathy for the people using your software or products
- Experience working on consumer software products
- Accomplished research plans talking to customers
- Knowledge of design systems
- Expertise with Figma and Principle
- Formal education in Design, Interaction/UX Design or HCI
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity and Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks and Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.