Associate Data Product Manager- Portugal or UK (remote)
Remote - Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal
We are Zego - a commercial motor insurance provider that powers opportunities for businesses, from entire fleets of vehicles to self-employed drivers and riders. We combine best-in-class technology with sophisticated data sources to offer insurance products that save businesses time and money.
Since our inception, we have believed that the problem with traditional insurance is that it holds businesses back. It’s too expensive and time-consuming, and it no longer suits businesses who use vehicles to earn money. Our products represent a solution to this problem for businesses based across the UK, Europe and beyond.
So far, we have raised over $200 million in funding and we were the first UK Insurtech to be valued at over $1 billion. We were also the first to be awarded our own insurance license and recently won Tech Company of the Year 2020.
At Zego, we are proud to say we have a diverse and inclusive team, unified by our shared values and mission. Our people are the most important part of our story and everybody at Zego, no matter their role, has an integral part to play.
Overview of the Product Team
We believe that product management is critical to Zego’s future success, so we’re building a team where product managers have the opportunity to learn, contribute and take exciting calculated risks. We’re doing this by ensuring that product strategy underpins everything that we do, and that our Product Managers are empowered to make decisions, in collaboration with the engineering team and other stakeholders.
Working in an Agile environment, our team helps to scope and build scalable complex systems, from consumer-facing products to internal tooling. As we move forward, we are looking to embed data-driven and problem-obsessed domain expertise into everything that we do, ensuring that product-based thinking is central to Zego’s decision making.
Purpose of the Role
We are looking for a person to be responsible for driving product management by translating the data requirements from different part of the business and key stakeholders into product requirements which will help us create amazing products and user experiences, and to be more efficient and sustainable on our operation. You will help identify the data sources that we will use, and help define the roadmaps to collect that data, interpret it and make data features available to our internal client with the best depth, quality and usability possible.
What you will be working on
- You will gather and distil requirements from several sources such as user research and analytics and translate them into an actionable vision
- You will work with area’s leadership teams to build a product roadmap, creating appropriate business cases to drive product development
- You will liaise with business and tech teams throughout the product’s life cycle in order to get all members of the cross-functional team (design, engineering, analytics) to embrace the product vision and strategy
- You will create hypothesis for product improvements to be tested; Monitor product performance and make use of customer’s qualitative and quantitative feedback to inform product development strategy
- You will create, maintain and prioritise the product backlog in alignment with product vision and goals
What you will need to be successful
- You are able to translate needs into business and product requirements
- You are data-driven — you use data to inform key decisions; this includes setting up and analysing data quality and completeness metrics to prioritise initiatives, adopting a test and learn approach to building products and informing product direction;
- You are analytical and able to draw extensive insights from qualitative and quantitative data
- You are able to easily build relationships with the different players of the business and aligning different stakeholders through effective communication
- You are detail-oriented; able to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and an ability to assimilate, sort through and aggregate complex information quickly and effectively
- You ideally have knowledge of the Scrum methodology
What it's like to work @ Zego
Zego has a truly international and inclusive team, unified by great ideas and collaborative thoughtfulness. Our people are the most important part of our story and everyone plays an essential role in our journey. We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to learn and grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.