New York, New York, United States
Encompass is the creator of Know Your Customer (KYC) solutions that use intelligent automation to discover, gather and aggregate everything a KYC policy demands.
This is a great opportunity to play a key role in expanding the Encompass business into North America (localizing our product as needed) and help lead our product through our next stage of growth.
With deep domain knowledge of the financial crime compliance (KYC/AML) sector and SaaS-based technology solutions, you will be equipped and empowered to develop the Encompass product vision and roadmap for North America liaising with other Product Managers and UX specialists globally.
Encompass is a globally distributed company with offices in Belgrade, Glasgow, London, New York, Singapore and Sydney. In addition to being able to join team meetings in the New York office periodically, the incumbent would be expected to be flexible in scheduling availability (including working hours) to be able to interact regularly with team members across other time zones as appropriate.This means, day to day you will:
- Devise, maintain and communicate the short and long term roadmap for the North American market based upon customer input, market dynamics, competitive positioning, strategic fit and timing imperatives.
- Provide strategic roadmap input into Product Delivery, Data Management and Engineering Architecture to ensure the appropriate design and implementation of the Encompass product platform, delivery channels and data model to support current and future product needs in the North American market.
- Act as the authoritative voice of our product positioning and product messaging for the North American market, working closely with Sales and Marketing to ensure that this is faithfully and consistently represented in marketing materials and sales messaging.
- Attend client meetings from time to time to uncover and validate market needs as well as support sales and presales in pitches and proof of value exercises.
- Proactively develop and act on competitor intelligence and understanding of market dynamics of the North American market in order to devise relevant and compelling positioning strategy in consultation with the Sales, Marketing and Executive team.
- Design and implement user groups and customer councils to build and communicate our value proposition to the market (together with our Sales and Customer Success teams).
- Act as a subject matter expert and hub of knowledge for North American AML/KYC regulation to be able to foresee future needs and opportunities for KYC (and adjacent) product and data needs that would have implications for the Encompass product, infrastructure and organization.
- Build strong working relationships with a range of Encompass departments (generally in other regions), including Product Delivery, Data Management, Software Development, Architecture, Marketing, Delivery Services, Customer Success, Strategic Alliances and Legal.
- Define appropriate KPIs and metrics to be able to measure the effectiveness and trajectory of Encompass’ product.
- Lead and drive continuous improvement, driving positive change and improved processes, organisation and documentation.
- Extensive knowledge of the operational processes, challenges, regulatory environment and trends in KYC/AML in North America
- Demonstrated experience to deliver a product vision that meets local market demand.
- Deep financial crime compliance domain knowledge and understanding of market needs and the KYC vendor landscape.
- Demonstrated experience delivering enterprise software at scale, with quality and maturity.
- Product Management training (formal certification being highly desired) and ability to teach and train others and sponsor skills development in the team.
- Appreciation for marketing strategy, messaging and positioning.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Proficiency driving results with a track record of working with Product and Engineering to ensure delivery of product vision.
- Strong attention to detail, complete with strong data gathering, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Commercial mindset, logical and organized.
- Working in a global business, working with remote teams and supporting remote business users.
- Experience working in a Scaled Agile Framework environment (SAFe), including certification in SAFe Product leadership.
We offer a rewarding and challenging place to work, a transparent and collaborative culture and a well rounded benefits package. Below are some of what we currently offer:
- Participation in our industry leading share options scheme
- Medical Plan
- Company wide bonus
- We expect to announce our “post-COVID” hybrid flexible-first working policy in the coming weeks
- L&D budget for all members of staff
- Udemy license for all members of staff to support learning and career development
- Enhanced annual, personal and parental leave schemes
- Paid volunteering leave programme
- Employer recognition and employee assistance programmes