Senior Product Manager
Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type-2 diabetes without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission: reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
Virta’s rapid growth means that our product team is also growing, and we are looking for seasoned product leaders to join our mission-driven team in two different focus areas to maximize the impact Virta can have in any given population.
(1) Growth: Lead our product efforts for the top of the patient funnel, all the way from driving applications through early stages of the Virta treatment. You’ll start with our existing enrollment product and rethink the build from the ground up. You’ll own key product surfaces including questionnaires, content, and tools (used by our internal team of enrollment advisors) to optimize our application and enrollment funnel.
(2) Diabetes Management: Lead product efforts for our recently launched Diabetes Management product to quickly learn, test, and iterate. You’ll start with our early pilot customers and prepare for a broader product launch in January 2022. You’ll own key product experiences to maximize the impact Virta can have on members at any stage of their health journey, including connected devices, content journeys, and care team tools.
In either focus area, you’ll partner closely with our marketing, operations, clinical, and customer success teams to develop experiences for users that seamlessly blend human input with software and hardware. The product areas you own and the features you ship will help Virta drive increased adoption, engagement, and outcomes for our users.
- Play a key role in shaping the product strategy and roadmap
- Own major features from ideation through launch and optimization
- Lead user research to launch, learn, and iterate quickly
- Own key metrics for enrollment, engagement, and retention
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Own and launch major features on the product roadmap
- Set up actionable metrics dashboards, and use that data to inform product priorities
- Conduct in-person user research with multiple types of end users
- Build effective working relationships with UX design, Engineering, Operations and Commercial
- Develop a plan and roadmap for your second 90 days
- 5+ years of Product Management experience delivering intuitive and impactful products for consumer internet companies, ideally including native mobile app experience
- Experience launching a new product line, or taking a product from 0-1 (entrepreneurial experience a plus)
- Strong consumer empathy and intuition around usability/visual design
- Experience at a company that blends tech and operations e.g. logistics, e-commerce, wearables, etc.
- Worked closely with Product Designers and Engineers on defining, building, and testing features and enhancements using agile product development methods
- Highly analytical and curious about understanding user behavior trends. Strong track record of metrics-driven decision making. Experience A/B testing at both small and large scales and growth product management experience is a plus.
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.
For this role the compensation range for candidates in Colorado is $120,000-138,000; information about Virta’s benefits is on our careers page at: https://www.virtahealth.com/careers. Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. Virta has a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.