Product Analyst - Ecommerce
Hatfield, Hertfordshire, UK
“Ocado Technology, powering the future of retail through sustained disruptive technology innovation...”
Over the last year, we have witnessed a major transformation for Ocado Technology and the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP). From weathering the pains of customers placing their first orders, to offering an online retail solution that has helped rocket our business to the FTSE 100. Not only are we ‘live’ and successful for a major retailer but we are well underway in realising our vision in becoming the leading retail online platform provider, with four of the world’s leading retailers already on board.
How I will spend my days...
This Product Analyst role sits in our Ecommerce department in the Product Discovery area. As a Product Analyst in this area, you will envision the future of the consumer-facing side of the Ocado Smart Platform. You’ll perform sophisticated analyses in support of feature design and development, evaluating the efficacy of new features being trialled in the eCommerce platform and work with the development teams to ensure that the necessary data is being produced so that these analyses can be completed. We are looking for ambitious, creative problem solvers who will drive data-based decision making across Ecommerce.
What I will be doing...
- Providing analytics support to the eCommerce department.
- Defining and developing KPIs to support both department missions and Ecommerce
- Creating test plans for new feature launches, working with our stakeholders to create hypotheses and acceptance criteria.
- Executing high quality A/B tests that show statistically significant results and report the impact to internal and external stakeholders.
- Creating product dashboards and automated reports that provide insight to customer behaviour.
- Working with the developers to ensure that we are capturing the correct data in an easily accessible way to enable future analysis of customer behaviour.
- Helping to answer questions like:
- How can we improve the effectiveness of our product in recruiting and keeping customers?
- How has this new feature impacted our Ecommerce KPIs?
- Should we continue to develop this feature?
- Identifying the fundamental metrics / KPIs behind OSP, the levers that drive them and use these to help product managers unlock and track the value delivered by our products. Conducting analysis and applying your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with products across platforms.
- Identifying and building reusable solutions to enable analysis to build on previous work.
- Channel the voice of the customer into the department by bringing the data to life, building empathy for our customers throughout the development community.
- Problem solving
- Collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders to solve problems and identify trends and identify opportunities.
- Feature Support
- Informing, influencing, supporting, and executing our product decisions and product launches.
- Stakeholder Management
- Building relationships across the business, describing insights with empathy and conviction
We would love to hear from you if you have...
- Significant demonstrable experience in a Data / Business Analyst role
- A can-do attitude in a fast-paced, complex and often ambiguous environment.
- Strong bias for action and impatience for improvement
- Commercial-awareness and user-focus - ability to understand needs and identify priorities to unlock value through analytics
The essential Toolkit we're looking for is...
- Designing KPIs and Metrics that Matter
- Applying data analysis techniques and mathematical methods to complex problems
- Large/complex datasets, SQL and Python
- Data-warehousing principles and best practices (e.g. Dimensional Modelling, Cube Design)
- Building self-service BI solutions e.g. Tableau, Looker, DataStudio
- Statistical analysis
- Active listener
- Ability to simplify the complex and tailor output for any audience
- Able to bring different skills and personalities together to deliver great outcomes
It would be great, but not essential, if you have experience in...
- Advanced Analytics: Machine learning and simulation
- Domain knowledge: Ecommerce, Supply Chain, Fulfilment or Logistics
- Experience of A/B testing implementation
- Experience with Web Analytics Data e.g. Google Analytics
What we can offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa, except the company-specific costs. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.