Senior Digital Product Designer (Senior-level, Contract)
Remote - Seattle, Washington, United States
Substantial is partnering with a large legal industry company to help build an internal- and external-facing digital tool for desktop. We are looking for the right person to join our team for a 6 month contract.
As a contract Digital Product Designer, you’ll contribute and deliver design support in a product development team to meet the needs of the audience and the client’s business. The work is fast-paced and highly collaborative with the client and our cross-disciplinary internal team. You will be responsible for delivering design solutions ranging anywhere from research and strategy (UX, IA) to interactions (IxD) to visuals (UI) to validation (testing) depending on the needs of the project and next steps identified by your project team leaders.
In your day-to-day you will:
- Collaborate and contribute daily with your project team to fulfill next steps and deliver on design to help your team build the product
- Confidently articulate and objectively explain your design decisions and deliverables to your team and client
- Clearly communicate with your project team to make sure they have full design support and jump in on other tasks as needed
Who You Are:
- You are a collaborative project contributor
- You work together with your project team to understand, act, and deliver on next steps translated from product and client needs.
- You are an ambitious designer
- You don’t believe in resting on your laurels and easily tackle situations of ambiguity to figure out how to keep yourself and your work moving forward.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Prior experience in a client services or agency environment
- Experience with design systems and usability testing
- Experience designing for a desktop experience (helpful to have)
- Understanding of development practices and experience directly collaborating with development teams
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Figma
To apply, please submit your cover letter/resume, one of which should include a link your portfolio.