Manager, Product Design - Core Product
The Design team at Addepar shapes wealth managers’ digital experiences. By designing and delivering intuitive, easy-to-use products, we help wealth managers grow their businesses and provide best-in-class services to their clients. We take an agile, high-growth mindset and foster a client-centered work environment with a focus on constructive feedback and collaboration.
Wealth management is undergoing a technological transformation. Financial advisors need a better way to scale their businesses while meeting their clients’ financial needs. We’re looking for highly-qualified people who enjoy simplifying complexity and challenging the status quo to meet our goal of providing the best user experience in the industry.
We are currently seeking a Product Design Manager to join our Design team, composed of Creative and Product Designers, and Content Strategists. We are passionate about advocating for user needs and delivering innovative, accessible, and beautiful products that redefine our clients day-to-day financial activities.
As the Product Design Manager of our Core Products, you’ll lead the UX innovation for our Analysis, Reporting, and Investor Communications offerings. Your responsibilities include:
- Making bold, innovative UX decisions that inform the future vision of our core products
- Building empathy and being a client advocate in our product development process
- Partnering with product management and engineering leads to align on OKRs and ensure design deliverables are well-aligned to high-level strategy
- Translating user needs, style guides, and requirements into elegant solutions for complex problems
- Setting an example for how to design in a high-growth, agile environment
- Being hands-on with design projects as well as managing a team of high-performing product designers
- Executing on design deliverables that align with product-level goals
- Ensure consistency and quality of design deliverables
- Advocating for and designing premium experiences, not getting stuck in the way things used to be done, but push for a new and better way to enable our clients key workflows
- Leading UX workshops to facilitate co-creation, alignment, and understanding within cross-functional teams
- Identifying hiring needs and leading recruiting efforts that contribute to building a high-performing team
- Mentoring and supporting teammates, helping them achieve success in their work and move closer to their goals, while maintaining a high team morale
- Partnering with design leads to ensure a cohesive end-to-end client experience
- Actively contribute to design team initiatives that promote a design team culture that celebrates diversity, teamwork, and innovation
- 8+ years of experience in human centered user experience design
- Experience managing or leading a team of product designers
- A portfolio that demonstrates a wide range of product design experience
- Experience designing for web responsive and mobile-first products
- Comfortable working with a variety of business partners and delivering outcomes
- Proficient in using design and prototyping tools, such as Figma
- Familiarity with working in an established design system
- Exceptional collaboration, communication, and presentations skills
- Experience working in an agile, high-growth environment
- Experience in the finance industry is not required but a huge plus
Addepar is a wealth management platform that specializes in data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Founded in 2009 by Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC, the company's platform aggregates portfolio, market and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $2 trillion of assets on the company's platform. In 2020, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City and Salt Lake City. All brokerage services offered through Acervus Securities Inc., member FINRA / SIPC.
Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds, and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
In order to ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.