Technical Scrum Master
pureIntegration is seeking a Software Development Team Lead to oversee the delivery of software engineering and development projects. This individual will play different roles depending on project and customer needs, including running Agile ceremonies, release planning, interfacing with customer product management, removing roadblocks from individuals or between teams, and participating in architecture and design processes.
In addition to customer facing work, this individual will also engage in internal pureIntegration activities such as technical pre-sales and the hiring and training process for new software development talent. The ideal candidate will have past experience with hands on software engineering, has remained current with understanding of software development and DevOps trends, but has transitioned or is looking to transition to a project leadership role. The candidate will have the capability to understand the development activity being performed at a detailed level, and provide guidance to software development teams.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities range from leading day to day activity of software development teams, to interfacing and coordinating activity between customer project teams, as well as supporting pureIntegration business development activities. Responsibilities include:
- Running Agile ceremonies and maintaining development backlog for pureIntegration-delivered development projects, including Sprint Planning, Standups, Grooming, and Retrospectives.
- Primary point of customer escalation: assisting with team customer onboarding, interfacing and driving roadmap between our development teams and other customer projects, working with customer leadership to remove roadblocks, ensuring timelines are met, interfacing with PI leadership to escalate issues.
- Recognizing gaps in customer capabilities where pureIntegration can help to add value or accelerate customer initiatives, and surfacing those opportunities to support business development.
- Participating in pre-sales activities for development-based projects, acting as a subject matter expert to help craft future engagements.
- Participating in the hiring process, including screen and interviews.
- Participating in the talent development process, providing input to training plans for different resource types.
- 3+ years hands on software development experience, ideally focused on Java, with demonstrable experience with other high level or scripting languages.
- Experience in delivering modern software development projects through the use of microservices, cloud-based architectures and mobile platforms.
- Working knowledge of DevOps, CI/CD and Test Automation.
- Hands-on experience in Agile-based software delivery, including leading Agile ceremonies.
- Proficiency with object-oriented development, data modeling, and design patterns.
- Prior Consulting experience is a plus.
Are you self-motivated, collaborative, and client-focused? Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career? Then pureIntegration would love to hear from you! Your career journey starts here!
pureIntegration, a systems integration company headquartered in the DC area, serves clients in the fastest growing industries – communications, media, and entertainment. Our industry-focused offerings and collaborative client approach has resulted in a 97% client satisfaction rating. As a leading service organization, we recognize our most valuable assets are our people, both as individuals and how they come together as a whole. As such, we encourage our team members to become fearless in exploring ideas and opportunities to act on them.