Sr. Scrum Lead
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open-source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Business Systems Overview
We’re always on the search for amazing people. The CRM engineering team consists of people who have real passion for what they do and are masters at their craft. We reflect the larger company philosophy, to solve data problems, but focus internally on the systems we build and the internal partners we support. Agile in our processes, we strive to push the boundaries of our best-of-breed platforms to build a world-class systems operation. Our team thinks smart, strategic and scalable, and will push you to do the same.
We are looking to hire a Sr Scrum Lead to join our growing CRM IT team. As Elastic has grown, our CRM platform (Salesforce) has evolved and we need specialists within our CRM team IT team. This Sr Scrum lead will support our growing Agile practice/ specific areas of our business and can lead up to two scrum teams. This role will not only need to know Agile, but must have experience in working with fast paced delivery models.. You will be working with our team of SaaS (Salesforce, FinancialForce, CPQ) admins and developers to ensure the scrum team has what it needs to effectively deliver software enhancements.
We are looking for a candidate who is entrepreneurial, driven and passionate about being successful and absolutely committed to making the teams successful. This scrum lead will champion cultural change and collaborate with other team members on plans and techniques for accelerating and advancing the organization's transformation
What You Will Be Doing:
- Manage daily standups and facilitate these to drive movement forward of work.
- Run interaction and sprint planning meetings with the product owners to ensure the scrum teams are protected from over-committing and scope creep. This can and will include estimation and sub task creation.
- Run spring retrospectives, note areas of improvement and action items for future sprints.
- Manage risks and clear obstacles and blockers for the scrum team
- Establishing an environment where the scrum team can be effective addressing team dynamics when needed
- Maintain, monitor and communicate relevant sprint metrics that help the team and the organization make decisions.
- Assist Product Owners to make sure the backlog is in good shape and develop short term and long-term release plans by gathering functional requirements for developers
- Ensuring a good relationship between the team and product owner as well as others outside the team
- Must have some experience in managing Salesforce/CRM scrum teams
- Experience partnering with and other scrum teams in a Scrum of Scrums type ceremony
- Experience in Agile board administration – Work as the administrator of the scrum board and ensure that cards are up to date and the scrum tool.
- Conduct 1 on 1s – Meet individually with team members and stakeholders as needed to iron out team disagreements about process and work styles.
- Ability to perform assessments of the current Agile practices to determine areas for improvement
- Strive for excellence by driving continuous improvement initiatives, which encourage the adoption of agile practices and result in improved project execution
What You Bring Along:
- CSM® (Certified ScrumMaster)
- 4+ years of experience as a Scrum Lead or in a similar role.
- Working knowledge of agile methodology, techniques, frameworks and technology.
- Capacity to inspire and motivate others
- Ability to engage senior management layers, in both a challenging and supportive way.
- Experience working with data and software teams
- Understands the value of iterative, incremental value creation
- Familiarity with Monday, Github, Jira, other project management tools a plus
- Experience in building out regular analysis of burndown charts and other portfolio planning tools to understand what gets built and at what cadence
- Excellent people and project management skills.
- Light technical knowledge around software development cycles and software engineering practices is important
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a relevant field preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce project management
- Experience with knowing the strengths and weaknesses of a scrum team and can bring that to leadership to address and upskill.
- Being awesome
- Competitive pay and benefits
- 401(k) matching
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.