Product Manager, Shipper Experience
Build the user experience that powers global trade
We are looking for a product manager to create world-class customer experiences that progress the evolution of global trade. With a customer-first mindset and deep empathy for customer needs, you will work alongside a team of highly-skilled engineers, designers, data scientists and freight forwarding experts in building the interface between our customers and the movement of their goods. The products you build will empower our customers to optimize their end-to-end supply chains and run more successful businesses.
You will be responsible for defining and evolving the roadmap for the app experience for our shippers. You’ll build a global product for our users world-wide while tailoring the experience to the Asia region, which is a strategic market segment for Flexport. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to shape and grow Flexport’s newest Software Development office in Shanghai.
- Drive the 3-5 year shipper product vision & strategy and how we will get there. You’ll be building a global product for shippers world-wide tailored to our most important markets, of which Asia is your first.
- Help build and grow Flexport’s brand-new Software Development office in Shanghai.
- Lead and inspire a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, data scientists, and operations specialists to implement your product vision.
- Work closely with our business, operations, and technology teams to develop a roadmap to address the needs of our users.
- Meet with our customers across Asia to gain a deep understanding of their freight forwarding needs and how Flexport can best address those needs.
- Become a domain expert: Gain a deep understanding of the Asia market and local & global technology trends and competitive dynamics, and form a perspective on how Flexport fits into it all.
- Make data driven decisions and implement metrics to manage your team’s progress and impact.
You should have:
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager
- A track record of creating design-led world-class customer experiences
- Technical competence; might not be an expert, but can talk shop with the best of them
- Experience collaborating with and inspiring engineering teams with a focus on accelerating development velocity
- Crystal clear communication skills, driving consensus across functions and teams
- Strong command of English and Mandarin
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.