Head of Product Marketing
COMPANY AT A GLANCEFounded in 2013, Sendbird is the leading user engagement platform trusted by modern digital apps like Reddit, Delivery Hero, Dream 11, Carousell, Teladoc, and Hinge . We allow any app (or Website) to quickly and easily embed rich real-time chat, voice, and video experiences into their app to building connections with users and between users. This could be connecting drivers and consumers in a timely fashion to reduce cancellations for a delivery app, helping buyers get their questions answered from sellers to increase transactions in a digital marketplace, or increasing engagement between users in an online community. The platform has over 150M MAUs from over 50 countries operating in industries ranging from marketplaces, ride sharing and online communities to gaming, live video streaming and healthcare. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, CA with additional offices in; New York, Seoul, London, Seoul, Singapore and Bengaluru and has raised over $220M from leading investors, including: ICONIQ Capital, STEADFAST Capital Ventures, Tiger Global Management, Shasta Ventures, Softbank Vision Fund 2, and Y Combinator. The engineering team at Sendbird is solving some of the biggest challenges related to building reliable, feature-rich, and scalable real-time conversational experiences across different platforms. To learn more, visit the company website: www.sendbird.com
Over 5 billion people now use a messaging app on a monthly basis. A conversation is at the heart of how people interact and get stuff done online, from making a purchase on a marketplace, to seeing a doctor in a virtual visit, to interacting with other fans while watching a concert livestream. And with Covid, this has accelerated over the last year. Historically, apps looking to embed rich real-time conversational features inside of their app had to develop it themselves, which is an expensive and risky proposition, or lose engagement to apps like WhatsApp, Slack, Discord, and iMessage.
Sendbird allows any app to easily embed rich real time interactions across chat, voice and video, with a few lines of code and then scale those capabilities to tens of millions of users. Sendbird’s feature rich platform gives product managers fast time to market and parity with leading consumer messaging apps like WhatsApp on day one, while giving engineering leaders peace of mind and the ability to deploy developers to more critical capabilities core to the company’s business.
From connecting doctors and patients in virtual clinics, to helping fans celebrate together in digital stadiums, to enabling sellers to negotiate with buyers across the world in digital bazaars, SendBird’s chat, voice, and video platform helps businesses turn conversations between users into better business outcomes like increased engagement, increased transactions, and better support.
Sendbird is the world's leading chat & messaging platform as a service in addition to voice and video. Our mission is to build connections in a digital world. We believe that digital doesn't have to mean impersonal, that physical boundaries shouldn't create relationship boundaries. We believe in authenticity over superficiality, and in conversations over text messages. We’re a Y Combinator alumnus (W16) and have raised over $120M from leading investors including ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global Management, Shasta Ventures, August Capital, and FundersClub. We are headquartered in San Mateo, CA, and also have offices around the world including Seoul, New York City, London, and Singapore.
SendBird is looking for an accomplished and passionate Head of Product Marketing with a track record of bringing products to market and growing revenue. This is a strategic role reporting to the Head of Marketing that requires strong partnerships with demand generation, brand, product, engineering, sales, and executive leaders to help SendBird continue its hyper growth.
You will learn everything there is to know about our customers and champion their needs with the product team. You will use research, data, and experience to gain a deep understanding of the buying cycle. You will triage product, customer, and competitive forces and become the go-to resource for sales. You’ll be the voice that shapes press, analyst, investor, and other communications. You will be the point person to bring both new features and whole new products to market.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead and grow a team of product marketing managers to take SendBird’s products to market
- Set the go-to-market strategy in close collaboration with the exec team, sales, demand generation, and product stakeholders.
- Own the definition of our ICP
- Clearly articulate the company value proposition and competitive differentiators to prospects, analysts, and press.
- Support an ABM motion with insights, messaging, and content, to drive high value deals with strategic accounts
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to both better understand our products as well as improve them through strong feedback loops
- Support new feature and product launches
- Partner closely with your demand generation counterparts to build the right campaigns and ensure we’re hitting our growth numbers
- Build a sales-enablement engine that increases our win rates and ensure we’re learning from every lost opportunity
- Track and monitor market insights as well as the competitive landscape and ensure that our product roadmap and messaging are setup for us to continue to lead the market
- Inform strategic projects like pricing and packaging changes
WHO YOU ARE
- Analytically minded with a drive to uncover data and insights that informs every decision
- Can dig into the tech stuff but then can back out and synthesize insights into simple and compelling narratives
- Have the focus and gumption to make decisions and drive projects from idea to roll-out
- Harbor a desire to lead and create change in the organization
- Can handle the chaos and excitement of a fast-moving environment
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 10+ years of relevant experience that can span product marketing, product management, or solutions marketing, with at least 5+ years of product marketing experience
- Experience with an ABM motion, selling high value deals to digital first scaled startups or traditional enterprises
- Experience building and leading a team of individual contributors
- Experience at SaaS, or Platform-as-a-Service companies targeting mid-market or enterprise customers.
- Experience with enabling a high-performing, globally distributed sales force
- Experience working with technical products and buyers is a plus
- Global experience is a plus.
- Some travel required including internationally when safe to do so
Finally, there is no such thing as a perfect candidate. SendBird is a place where everyone can learn and grow. We encourage you to apply if this role excites you.
At Sendbird, one of our core values is Global Citizenship. We respect, promote, and encourage diversity for equal employment opportunities. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal state, or local law.