Senior Product Marketing Manager (B2C)
Grammarly is continuing to grow our team during the COVID-19 pandemic, conducting fully remote hiring and onboarding processes. All Grammarly team members can work remotely until September 2021. Read more about how we’re supporting our team and communities.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager to join our Marketing team. This senior role will be critical to driving the success of Grammarly within a specific segment (of either students or professionals) through product and positioning strategies. These segments are central to Grammarly’s mission to improve lives by improving communication. This role has the unique opportunity to establish a consumer business that feeds into a B2B and platform strategy. This role is ideal for anyone who is excited about charting new territory in deepening our understanding of a segment, and who is passionate about influencing roadmaps with an eye toward business strategy.
As Senior Product Marketing Manager, you will be the primary expert in understanding and assessing market opportunities for the user segment(s). You will cultivate strong partnerships across the Product Management, Customer Insights, User Research, Growth, and Marketing teams. And, you will have a direct impact on expanding our market share globally and improving monetization and retention of the segment.
In this role, you will:
- Influence product and business priorities through knowledge of the market and the relevant product offerings.
- Craft compelling positioning and messaging that differentiates Grammarly for your segment based on key user insights.
- Lead go-to-market strategies with defined success metrics to drive adoption of product offerings.
- Discover new product and growth opportunities to acquire, monetize, and retain your segment, taking into account Grammarly Business and platform.
- Develop expertise in the space including competitors, relevant emerging technologies, and changing consumer behaviors to continuously improve Grammarly’s relevance and value for your segment.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Empathizes with our customers and represents their voice internally.
- Collects and synthesizes different sources of data to develop business cases and/or analyses that drive solid decision-making.
- Segments customer bases in specific ways that are relevant to product and marketing in order to produce meaningful business results.
- Demonstrates the ability to influence a product roadmap and its development lifecycle through market research and analysis.
- Creates compelling positioning and narratives by incorporating key user insights, competitor messages, and product differentiation.
- Has a proven track record in influencing, taking to market, and driving the adoption of consumer SaaS products, and liaising with and activating growth and marketing channels.
- Can successfully mobilize, empower, and direct multiple stakeholders, details, and timelines toward a specific goal, while motivating themselves and others to action—even when facing incomplete information or other hurdles.
- Anticipates problems and has the ability to break existing configurations in favor of more effective and appealing ones.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.