Product Manager - Machine Learning
Posted 2 weeks ago
About Glovo:We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Hispanic America and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day. We currently deliver over +100M annual orders and operate in 22 countries, and in +300 cities. Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything immediately available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you'll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
Your work-life opportunity:As a Product Manager you will be responsible for leading, quantifying and building the technology that defines industry best practices in a specialised subject of our complex multi-user facing platform. At the core of our technology there is the dispatching system, responsible for maximizing the efficiency of the platform by taking the proper decisions when matching orders with couriers. The impact of this team in the whole business is massive. And its performance highly depends on the accuracy of the time estimations for couriers and stores. As a Product Manager of the Machine Learning team, you will lead the sub team within dispatching responsible for all the models that predict the behaviour of our actors in the cities. You’ll collaborate mainly with data scientists and engineering in order to deliver models that scale for more than 250 cities globally. You will have to bring to the team the business and operational understanding required to build the best in class models and algorithms to predict behaviours. We’re looking for someone with the same passion that we have for simple solutions and bold impact.
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Shape the product roadmap for the Routing development team, responsible for the accuracy of the following time estimations: driving time of couriers, waiting time of couriers at pickup and dropoff, stores preparation time of the orders, customer total delivery time estimation.
- Maintain a prioritized product backlog and other organisational solutions in partnership with your technical team lead.
- Be in contact with local operations teams to clearly understand operational behaviours that your team should take into consideration when doing predictions. Understand the peculiarities of each of the +200 cities that glovo is operating in.
- Ensure that your team develops, tests and productionizes predictive algorithms by using state of the art machine learning algorithms and statistical models.
- Evaluate algorithms through controlled offline (e.g. cross validation with holdouts strategy) and online experiments (e.g. cross validation, A/B testing).
- Align with the rest of the teams within dispatching so as to ensure that the solutions built matches with the necessities of the division.
- Ensure strong communication across the company and serve as a primary point of contact for internal stakeholders when it comes to time estimates.
- Travel when required
- At least 4 years of professional experience in product or in data science discipline. Preferably background in Physics, Statistics, Computer Science or Mathematics.
- Experience with machine learning or data science products, preferably in the domain of logistics and time estimates.
- Technical know-how—you have a solid understanding of how software is made and how it works.
- Demonstrable experience in managing sizeable teams and where relevant, across multiple geographies
- Be able to work independently; anticipating and resolving problems. Highly organized with strong project management skills.
- Ability to communicate and present complex ideas to very senior stakeholders and get buy-in thanks to ability to understand business needs.
- Ability to build and own relationships with key stakeholders across the business.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
Experience our Glovo Life benefits:
- Enticing Phantom Shares plan
- Attractive Relocation package
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
- Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
- Cool perks such as fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 2 months!
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Flexible working environment
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
- Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
- Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
- Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
- Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
Glovo is transforming the way consumers access local goods, enabling anyone to get almost any product delivered in minutes. Our on-demand logistics connect customers with independent local couriers who acquire goods from any restaurant or store in a city, as well as deliver urgent packages for a variable fee. As of September 30, 2019, we’re currently present in more than 26 countries across Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Asia. For additional information on Glovo, please visit https://glovoapp.com/ | Twitter: @Glovo_ES | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/glovoappES/ | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/glovo-app/.
Job tags: A/B testing Engineering Startup