Principal Product Manager - Technical
Seattle, Washington, USA
Posted 2 weeks ago
Prime Video is changing the way millions of people watch movies, TV shows and Live TV, with an incredible selection of titles available to watch on Fire TV, Kindle Fire, smart TVs, mobile devices, game consoles, Internet-connected PCs, Macs, Blu-ray players and set-top-boxes. This is an exciting time in video entertainment, with new business models and innovative experiences emerging. Prime Video is on the forefront of disrupting the video entertainment industry, launching Prime Video worldwide in over 200 countries and territories, enabling video providers worldwide to make their titles available to Amazon customers with the same monetization options and delivery quality available to major studios through Amazon Video Direct, and streaming live events like the NFL Thursday Night Football. And it’s still day 1.
Amazon is seeking a dynamic product leader for our mobile apps and services across Prime Video, globally. As a Principal Product Manager for the Prime Video Mobile team, you will invent features that delight millions of customers around the world and help shape the future of mobile video, globally. You will help define and build the product roadmap and customer experience for video across Prime Video mobile apps and services, globally. This is a high impact, high visibility role. You will participate in developing the video strategy and vision, and develop product roadmaps to execute on that vision. This role is inherently cross-functional; you will work closely with engineering, project management, design, operations, finance, legal, business development, customer service, content acquisition, and executive teams to bring products to market, develop and grow business opportunities, and enhance our video customer experience. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. He or she will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
In this role you will:
· Develop a deep understanding of the Prime Video customer, both existing and potential.
· Develop a thorough understanding of the digital video market segments, and continually assess the competitive landscape and emerging industry trends.
· Partner with key stakeholders to define the product vision, strategy, roadmap and supporting metrics required to deliver and enhance a best in class digital video customer experience.
· Own the development of detailed product requirements documents.
· Work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and project management teams to deliver on the product roadmap.
· Drive projects, products, and feature launches with other teams both inside and outside of the Prime Video team including: business development, content acquisition, legal, marketing, finance, customer service, and operations.
· 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
· Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
· Bachelor's Degree
· Experience with end to end product delivery
· Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
· Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
Preferred Qualifications· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
· Proven success in delivering online products and services in a high growth environment.
· Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
· A passion for sports, and digital video and/or media.
· MBA preferred plus 10+ yrs. engineering, product management, or relevant experience.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Job tags: Engineering Product management