Product Analyst (Milan)
Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container, Kubernetes, and cloud revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to confidently run cloud-native applications. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too -- we were awarded the 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
We are looking for an experienced Product Analyst to develop Sysdig’s reporting infrastructure. The ideal candidate is an expert at working with data warehouses and complex datasets, finding ways to incorporate data-driven decision making wherever possible.
You will proactively address data quality issues and look for opportunities to automate and scale reporting pipelines wherever possible. This is an individual contributor role, but the ability to drive projects to completion and lead cross-functionally will be a vital skill set. You are curious and ask the right questions to drive clarity – how is data being collected, what kind of data is it, and how does it drive forward our business and technology goals?
The candidate will be responsible for managing the data pipeline from the warehouse to extending BI applications. They will also build reports using product and telemetry data to improve insights into company performance. The candidate will have strong technical abilities to retrieve, manipulate, analyze, and visualize data.
- Manage data warehouse and all extending BI tool connections (i.e. Periscope, Heap, Looker, etc)
- Unifying diverse datasets with high dimensionality using SQL
- Drive high-impact strategic projects with the Analytics Product Manager and support execution of mission-critical initiatives across different departments
- Be a thought and execution partner for end-to-end data workflows and BI tooling; you will play a lead role in deciding, designing, and validating our reporting flow
- Design, develop and continuously optimize reporting for business performance; create opportunities for scalability and automation wherever possible.
- Partner with product managers and other key stakeholders to track quantitative measures for feature adoption, engagement, and business transactions.
- Work with non-technical business users to help them effectively leverage the data and tools already developed
- 3-5 years of industry experience in data / product analytics, systems administration, or other quantitative analysis field
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field
- Experience creating live dashboards with a BI visualization tool (Periscope, Looker, Tableau, Einstein Analytics, etc.)
- Advanced SQL skills and experience modeling within relational databases, RedShift or BigQuery is a plus
- Experience using a scripting language for data analysis (R, Python, etc)
- Familiarity with schema design, data manipulation, query optimization, and pipeline maintenance
- Experience working with modern data stack tools ( RedShift, Segment, FiveTran, Snowflake etc.) Bonus if knowledgeable of business tools like Salesforce or Intercom
- Experience working at a SaaS company or migrating company landscape to a cloud warehouse
- Ability to resolve ambiguity and present compelling arguments with data
- Ability to understand non-technical business needs and translate them into automated reporting
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Top-notch health insurance coverage
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- Monthly allowance that can be used for the following types of expenses (Employee wellness, House Cleaning services, Home internet, Phone expenses, Office supplies, Office furniture)
Some of our hiring managers are based internationally, an up to date CV in English would be appreciated.